What's happening?

Oh dear. You will be in my prayers :palms_up_together:

2 Likes

Get well soon…

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Maria. Rest up and hope you recover soon

1 Like

Thanks guys and gals. Am so fed up. It seems like Covid rates are going up abit now.

1 Like

Get well very soon again, dear Maria. :+1:

3 Likes

Wasn’t sure where to put this.
Any of you visiting the UK soon or those residing here.
There are limited free ticket per person for the National Trust sites, if anyone is interested for some nature and fresh countryside air.

1 Like

You will get better soon in a 1 to 3 days. Drink lots of fluids and take rest. Check you temperature and o2 level once everyday.

Covid is going to be the next flu and come once every year. People will build immunity slowly and the virus will mutate and this will go in a never ending cycle. Sadly we have to live with covid from now on.

On a positive side, as people become more and more immune, rather than being a deadly disease, this will become a normal cold+fever type.

2 Likes

I hope so. This virus has changed the course who we people on the planet conduct our lives. I am seeing alot more people doing hybrid working, I still know alot of people who are still working from home and maybe go in the office maybe 1-2 a week.
I am not far from European HQ of Glaxosmithkline building. It is a huge and beautiful building and now they are selling it as many of their employees are still working from home 3 days a week.

Edit: Also, I think GSK have split into two Pharma and Healthcare and sold their healthcare side of the company as well.

2 Likes

Yes, this annoys me so much because people have abandoned all caution.

2 Likes

Especially as I’m convinced that the NPIs we collectively took over that 18 month or so period, has changed our collective relationship between our immunity and other circulating bugs. Me and my partner had to cancel a trip to her family as far back as the first week of september because of a Covid like infection we both picked up, but neither of us ever tested positive for it. Over a month later, we’re both still wheezing and hacking.

This is the “conventional wisdom” that has been advanced by those looking to “get back to normal” for well over a year now and its not showing the signs of really following this pattern. It has shown no seasonality the way Flu does which drastically limits the protective effect of annual boosters, nor is the mortality incidence rate really falling. In the US we are still losing people at a rate as high as it has ever been.

I suspect that the collective way we have managed this means we are stuck in a place of having to live with it, but suspect it is going to continue on in a way that makes it far more burdensome than flu season, which is something that has a degree of predictability about its cycles that Covid is showing no signs of giving to us.

1 Like

Not sold it, just spun it off into a pseudoautonomous entity.

1 Like

Absolutely Limiescouse. And @TheElusive19th (nice name btw, but are you going to update?!) rather than ‘building immunity’ there is even some evidence that multiple SARS-COV 19 infections actually lead to a greater cumulative toll and more severe reactions are associated with repeated doses. Everyone would be much better off if we weren’t so blase!

Update/rant:
Mrs’ condition has slowly worsened every day, she’s in a worse condition now than when she left the hospital for rehab. Unbelievable treatment errors by the medical staff, mistakes that would be comical if it wasn’t so serious. Apparently they can’t get the shunt system (it’s the thing she had implanted to regulate cerebrospinal fluid, essentially the brain fluids) to work properly, with massive consequences. At one point they were trying to adjust it from 90 to 70, but as it turned out, had done it the wrong way so it was set to 110, which made the situation even worse. Readjusted it, still doesn’t work. She has a worse paralysis on her healthy side now than on the one that was affected by the stroke (unbelievably), her neck is completely stiff again and she’s hardly conscious. No more smiles. On top of it she has now caught a nasty hospital germ, leading to fever of up 40 degrees celsius. She’s being brought back to the University Hospital today, possibly an operation tomorrow.

The worst thing is that I had to pressure the doctors at multiple occasions to even check her/brain scan, as they were completely oblivious or frankly in denial to the worsening of her situation at the beginning. My trust in doctors is at an all time low.

Really sorry to hear this - stay strong and best wishes from me and my family.

3 Likes

Cheers man. I was somewhat relieved last week, because I had thought they had at least identified the problem and fixed it, but then it got even worse rapidly.

1 Like

So sorry to hear this CL. Thoughts and prayers are still with yourself and Mrs CL. :heart::pray::nerd_face:

2 Likes

Bloody hell man, all the best to you and her.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that mate, got to be a real kick in the guts after the positive progress that was made.

Thoughts are with you and the family

2 Likes

She’s in such a bad condition that apparently the ambulance that was supposed to transport her to the University Clinic refused and insisted to bring her to the hospital nearby, so she could be stabilised first. Lost for words.

Warning signs were all long there, if the doctors had spent just a little bit time looking at the actual patient earlier instead of hiding behind their computers and behind lab data until it was way too late. Fucking furious. Therapists at the place are great, but the doctors…ridiculous, it’s bordering on negligence

2 Likes