What's happening?

Went to London last week for a couple of days visiting my daughter. One of a number of places we went for a meal, was at a Greek Restaurant called Lemonia, in Regents Park Road. Excellent place and the food was lovely. Would highly recommend it to anyone, the Lamb Cutlets especially. Two minutes after taking our table, Michael McIntyre and his wife came through the door and was shown to the table next to us. My daughter had been to one of his shows a few years back, and I think she was still a bit starstruck by him. We said hello to them which sort of made her night…

Lemonia – Primrose Hill’s Favourite Neighbourhood Restaurant

4 Likes

I need to get off twitter, I get more activist everyday, the way this scummy Tory govt is ruining this country and winding me up every day. :rage:

I bought an airfryer to calm me down. :see_no_evil: :sob: :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

I got an air fryer 6 months ago… It is still in its box Maria :0)
Let me know if they are any good, and best food to put in them please

Supposed to fly to Milan now via Frankfurt but airline offered me at the counter a direct flight 12 hours later with an upgrade. I will only reach Milan 7 hours later than my original flights and lost my cheap airport ‘hotel’ of 60 euros. Not too bad :joy:

3 Likes

My next door neighbours bought an air fryer a few months ago and never shut up about it. Best thing since sliced bread, apparently.

I’ve tried numerous air fried bits and pieces- chicken breasts come out lovely and it’s really good for heating pains au chocolat. :+1:

1 Like

It’s raining cats and dogs here. In-between the rains, I top-dressed the front lawn

1 Like

Definitely, will try it out this week. I got a good bargain, Gourmia, 6.7L for £46 from Costco, i returned my £129 Ninja one

2 Likes

It’s just a convection oven. It’s only real advantage is that it’s smaller than the one you likely already own so take less time to heat up. It’s a relatively minor convenience. Most people I know who find it a game changer are people who were pretty limited in the kitchen, but learned a lot new recipies/meal ideas from the extensive coverage they received on social media.

3 Likes

from what I hear, makes those frozen chicken strips nice and crispy.

we just replaced our oven/cooktop 18mo ago, went with convection. works pretty well.

1 Like

Aye, they are great if you want something to come out crispy, but that is just the convection. You will get that from any convection oven, your regular one will just take longer to get to temperature (and cost more to run in the long run). But Im sure a lot of people simply arent familiar with the convection setting on their oven or understand how and when to use it. And I think that latter point has been important in the marketing of these things. They have been promoted with dishes that lend themselves to being cooked with convection so it’s just a good alignment between the technique used and what the dish needs, which maybe lots of people werent getting right before.

Yeah, come here and talk to me instead :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Spent a while experimenting with an air fryer. Ultimate answer is they might be ok if you’re cooking for yourself but any kind of quantity and they’re limited by physics.

1 Like

Welcome to Mastermind.
Your chosen subhect for one minute is “air friers and convection ovens”
Your time starts now…

as an example, we went to Toronto to visit my inlaws and found a shop that sold really good Jamaican patties (IYKYK). Went back to the inlaws and could only put two into the air fryer at a time. a regular oven, you can do a dozen.

3 Likes

Be fucked on so many topics without Google

2 Likes

got an air fryer for the caravan…meh…it serves a purpose when travelling around, but wouldnt bother to waste bench space on it in the house

1 Like

Tastiest and juiciest chicken I ever tasted was done in an air fryer

Bought a air fryer a couple of years ago used it a couple of times its been in the shed since.

You cook in your shed?

I lock the wife in there sometimes. :smile:

2 Likes

Seeing as household appliances are on the agenda, our old, and very reliable Bosch washing machine packed in last week. Missus and I have had it 7 years, after her parents had it for over 10.

So inevitably, the search started online to work out what machine to go for - fuck me, it’s a wild world out there, not dissimilar to buying a TV, where there’s a million options, but not much in them in terms of what they do. Also, who actually needs a wifi connected washing machine? Or am I getting old??

“Mid range” for a washer is like £500-600, and the top range ones going for more than double that - is it just me falling behind the times, or have they always been priced that much?

Ended up sticking with Bosch and going for a mid-range one after spending far too long trying to work the madness of it all out. Given it’s a modern piece of kit, I fully expect it to pack in 3 years a 2 days after it’s delivered. Comes with a 3 year warranty.