What's happening?

Gawd…don’t let mester wilkored08 see this…he’ll take the spare air fryer(for the caravan) into his ‘shed’…and start cooking…mind…might not be a bad thing.

1 Like

I’ve fixed a fair few over the years. I’m happy with a screwdriver and a beer. If you want longevity, buy a Bosch or a Zanussi. They tend to last (as you said) 15 years plus. But fixing them is ridiculously expensive. If you want a cheap one to fix, buy a Hoover but then you WILL be fixing it every 2 years.

We bought a Zanussi fridge freezer when we got our new house in 2004. The auto defrost system packed up on it so the only solution was to pull the freezer element out every few days and pour boiling water over it. Pain in the arse of a job. I looked at British Gas’s warranty packages and they’d cover it but only after 14 days. So I spent 14 days doing this then claimed for the repair. Bloke came out to inspect and said “Who’s been taking this apart??? It’s got a thermocouple on it, you could have damaged it!” Me “I used to setup 600 thermocouple tests, one doesn’t worry me”

He condemned it and British Gas sent us a Currys voucher for £1000 :slight_smile: Canceled the policy the following month. Best £18 I ever spent :slight_smile:

Miele. This is the way.

2 Likes

Yes honey :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

FIFY. We were looking at Miile as first choice brand, and then Bosch.

Very good stuff, that unfortunately does also break out of warranty like the rest. My in-laws had a new kitchen installed with all Miele stuff (all integrated) about 10-12 years ago. About 5-6 years ago bits started playing up. The induction hobs have been replaced twice, microwave, steamer and the fridge have all had issues too - and Miele engineers and parts are not cheap. A bit like cars I guess - buy the lambo or ferrari, and deal with the cost of keeping the things going too.

Yes, went for Bosch in the end. Looked into repairing ours (like you happy with beer and tools), but the parts weren’t worth it to keep her going for more time - the energy rating was shocking on it alone!

1 Like

We’ve had an ‘entry level’ Miele washing machine for 15 years. Still running, no repairs.

1 Like

Yep - doesn’t surprise me. Was just making the point that they do also break time to time and when they do it’s £££. The in-laws oven, dishwasher, freezer, Nespresso machine, teppanyaki and wok have all lasted without any issues. Just a few bits haven’t.

In terms of what we picked - the equivalent machine to the one we picked is £900 in Miele. I spent £480 (albeit a sale price) on the Bosch one. I know it’s not going to be as good - but I couldn’t justify the extra £400 quid on the washer - especially when the outgoing machine’s close to 20 years old and Bosch.

1 Like

Yeah fair enough mate. I was half-joking on what seems to be an almost cult like following here in Germany for some people. They’ll never stop talking about their damn Miele stuff.
But again, that washing machine - I’ve got to admit it is good and was worth the price. :wink:

2 Likes

The controller board on our last dishwasher (Zanusi) was £500. Waste of time even taking them to pieces.

1 Like

An electric wok?

Induction electric. Its a bowl, that the miele wok then sits in perfectly. Really cool.

3 Likes

iron man GIF

1 Like

I get that, as my old man lived in Germany, then Austria (where i was born) and always swears by German stuff. Hifis were always Grundig growing up. Our cars were mostly German too. Ive only owned one non-german car in the 20 yrs ive been driving as the old man imparted his ways on me :rofl:

1 Like

They are cool, but the repacement wok is similar to jude bellingham prices in the world of woks! No other branded ones fit it properly.

1 Like

“I wanted a Miele wok, but they bought me one from Asda instead.”

If Jürgen comes out with this line at his next press conference, we will know for certain that he reads TAN.

1 Like

The world of luxury kitchens. Brother of my best mate runs a company that fits them. Literally thinks of a price and doubles it. And he does have 2 Ferraris. Just got the right job at the right time. #footballermoney

1 Like

I can’t wait to re-do mine. prev owner did an absolute hack job on it.

So is he a kitchen fitter or a hairdresser?

Only hairdressers drive Ferraris? My usual cut costs about £8. Be surprised if that would pay for a Focus.

On a train to London.
First time out and about after six weeks looking after my Mum.
Hello world!

6 Likes