What's happening?

I think that you may be confusing ‘barber’ with ‘hairdresser’. Mrs C pays £50 for her ‘do’ each month and thats a basic wash, cut and blow. She’s in the salon for 45 minutes. She found a hairdresser that she likes near where her Sister lives which is 40 ish miles from home. So once a month we drive over there.:+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

Are there trains from Australia?

Have a great time in London @Bekloppt. :+1::nerd_face:

Been in Yorkshire since early March. Off to Berlin next week. Sydney in October.
It’s a whirlwind :slightly_smiling_face:

Really liked Berlin, have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

My fav European city.

1 Like

Been to Rome? Hands down my fav.

1 Like

Yes, been to Rome also - in my Top 5. Brilliant city, loads to do, include eat pizza everyday.

1 Like

Luck to have been many many times (the pope waved to me once). Comfy shoes and a nose for back street pizza and you’re in heaven.

1 Like

Best pizza is in Naples (or should that be Napoli?)

Fact.

1 Like

Rome is a toilet, and the pizza was worse than you get in Morrisons freezers

The ones we had in Sicily were the best we’ve had. :nerd_face:

1 Like

And I HATE Paris because I’ve only ever rushed round. We’ve had time to roam in Rome, some spectacular stuff. Best pizza I ever had was served out of a tiny window by an old lady in Frascati, just a different level. Bellagio takes it for Lasagna though, that was epic.

Rome is toilet like in places - as is every other big city. Spend time there however and you see its real beauty.

@Dane, which is your fav city?

1 Like

Yes there are beautiful parts, but overall I found it dirty and unkempt.
I found Singapore and Geneva to be very nice.
Not sure I’ve got a favourite city though

Got you - you seem to prefer cleanliness then, given Singapore and Geneva are great examples of that. Most scandi cities are lovely too, and clean. I like Oslo, Rekjavik, and Helsinki in terms of other European examples.

What I couldn’t get (at first) about Rome was how so much is (rightly) made of the Cistine Chapel but there is loads of equally beautiful ceiling art and the way through the corridors of the Vatican Museum? :nerd_face:

Have a lovely time in London town, alot to do and going off the beaten track, you will be surprised especially south of the Thames, nice pubs there. If you are ever in West London, you are welcome for a cuppa.

2 Likes

Hairdressers earn a fortune, the average cut and blow dry is £45-50 in my local salon, then if you want a colour on top of that, depending if you want two colour tones add another £50-70. If you go to one of these fancy ones, like Toni and Guy and you want the style Director doing your hair, add another £50-60 It is so expensive. :confounded:

Dare I tell u how much I pay…eeeekkk…here goes…full head of highlights…3 colours…cut n dry…£105.00…but I can make it last 12 months…