What's happening?

Just my opinion…having lived in New York, Dallas, visited most big capitals in Western Europe, and in California, spent time in Sydney and Melbourne…I’d live nowhere else except London. Definitely not perfect but nowhere is.

Singapore is very nice but way too humid and hot for me. Other Asian cities the same main reason plus not nearly the amenities of London.

This doesn’t surprise me, I go every 3 months cut/blow dry with with colour £95. The problem is, my hair is thick and grows like a bush sideways. I look like Kevin Keegan’s perm :slightly_frowning_face:.
I am supposed to go every 6 weeks for a trim if I want to keep it in shape, its impossible. I stretch it out for 3 months or 4 months. However, I have invested 5 good quality human hair wigs which are nearer to my colour :smiley:

1 Like

from the travels I’ve done so far, there’s only a few places I’d choose to retire to (cost of living, pace of life, etc)

Aussie east coast - between Port Macquarie and Burliegh Heads
Tuscan countryside

but I want to see these places:

Playa Ballena, CR
Playa Dominical del Sur, CR
Trieste
Koh Phi Phi

my Mrs was going to the same salon in Vancouver for over 14yrs. very expensive place, I think her 3-4hr sessions were over $300/visit.

We do deserve it though​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don’t question it, my cuts are 20min with a clipper. :slight_smile:

Yep agreed - I did however get bored of the Vatican - just oil painting after oil painting of baby J and Mother Mary. Was still worth doing, especially St.Peters Basillica.

Yup, after a while you get tired and jaded. Also booked a time slot and went to Villa Borghese which has a magnificent collection of paintings and sculptures

Jaded is deffo the word to describe it. I did see some cracking stuff there though. What I’d say is, if you’re time limited in Rome, it’s a bit lower on the list (going into the Vatican - can see St.Peters without going in).

We didn’t have the time for Villa Borghese. Going to go to Rome again for sure.

1 Like

Thanks. I lived in South London between 1980-93, mostly in Camberwell/Brixton. Was great, but happy I moved to Berlin.
Just a lightning visit to see old friends. Bloody hell, Kings X has changed out of all recognition!
On the way back to Sheffield now.

My favourite was this massive statue of Hercules (can’t remember which museum through).

naked dwarf with butterfly covering bits was my fav oil painting!

Edit - its not the one I saw - but its deffo the same dude

1 Like

We should have a modesty poll…
Who on here needs a Butterfly or Who on here needs a Golden Eagle
:0)

I’m totally bald. I’d have MPB if I didn’t shave it. I used to have my hair cut every fortnight (buzzed on a zero setting. I got talking to my room-mate whilst on a corse with the TA. He shaved his head and asked how much I paid for my haircuts? £6.00 every two weeks worked out at near £150 a year. I decided there and then to start shaving my head.

Although I haven’t got a clue where the money I’ve supposedly saved by shaving has gone over the years? :thinking::nerd_face:

:scream: :nerd_face:

1 Like

Yo @Wilkored08 + @Maria - Do women still take a picture from a glamour magazine into the hairdressers, to get the exact same style…? I am asking because if that is so, I’ve done the legwork for ya to take this one in next time :joy:

No magazines…pictures on phones…next time I’ll show em your suggestion…

1 Like

Bet they’ve never seen anything like that before…:scream::scream::scream:

3 Likes

I thought that was maria…

(Runs for cover!)

1 Like

Purple Rinse Brigade…
Thought ALL ladies after a certain age move into that category…
I mean. you only have to go to the post-office when they have a pension day, the queue that backs out of the door consists totally of the PRB :0)