What's happening?

I dig that idea :slight_smile:

It’s certainly not boring :sunglasses:

1 Like

You sure you’re getting the whole picture here? These ideas don’t exist in a vacuum you know.

House got hit by lightning. Looks like it’s taken out the tv and PS4 :sob:

All I know is people riding it are always feeling light hearted as there’s plenty of levitation

Awful mate, bet that was a big shock.

Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia

1 Like

insurance - PS5 and new telly time.

I went to Glasto last weekend - my body is in total pieces still. Camping for 5 nights, with little sleep, a lot of drink and dancing/walking has taken its toll! Was awesome though.

6 Likes

More importantly can we buy someone.

My patience is wearing thin.

Someone give me Kephren’s no. I need to move things along !

Has anyone mentioned wormhole yet :grin:

Good morning TAN!

10 Likes

HDMI cables, if you have an aerial seems to be the easiest ground for lightning. Our collective aerial got hit by lightning, my son saw it, the ligtning could be seen going to every house (apparently it’s the other way round but who cares?). Most of my neighbours had blown fuses and stuff. Went through my HDMI recievers and blew them all from AVR amp to internet TV box where the aerial was connected, blew 1 fuse as well.
Even if a hint of a lightning storm un hook the aerial from the wall at least.
Replacing the HDMI recievers might work however other damage could have neen done (in my case it blew 1 channel of my AVR amp (thankfully cheap rubbish and I went back to stereo, which I prefer anyway and eventually got some real decent HiFi Gear).

1 Like

Worked in a school once years ago. External network cable got hit. Toasted every switch and ethernet card (those were the days) in the building. Nice job replacing the lot.

Is this another case for using fibre optic cables?

You’re never running fibre (these days) to an external classroom. I’d do it with a wifi link now. I get the point though.

My daughter’s school invested massively (before I joined) on a fibre to building link from the road cabinet (which had copper back to the exchange). They couldn’t understand why it was so slow. They LOVED having a new governor who explained exactly how much money they’d wasted. The joke was that Virgin fibre ran past the school but the council didn’t work with Virgin and they HAD to do things the council’s way.

Just got a txt from Talk Talk, fibre to property about to be available for us!

1 Like

A few years ago we lost a pc and had to get a laptop repaired after a storm. Since then we’ve had fibre optic installed. I still disconnect everything now at the hint of a storm. Do I need to ?

Not needed. I’d still get your electrical lines at your house checked though.

Disconnecting certain valuable stuff is always worth while particularly in France (We get Cevennoles here they are wicked). However the collective areial is high in comparison to other builds around.
Once living in the center of Avignon lightning hit across the road and a plastic box (to do with telephone wires I think) caught fire. Electric storms here can be catastrophic.

1 Like

Cevennoles? Is that a small golf course? We have nine holes and eighteen holes over here.

2 Likes