What's happening?

That’s unfortunate luck, hope you didn’t lose too much

What’s golf? Is it like cricket? Then what’s cricket?

It’s a car

This one is called Jiminy…

1 Like

“And there’s more”

I’m heading to Pittsburgh in a couple weeks. Meeting a friend who’s flying up from Texas. We’ve got tickets for San Fran and Cleveland vs the Pirates.

He’s leaving on the 20th. I’m either going to stick around in Pittsburgh on my own until the end of July, to watch the Phillies, or go to Cleveland on the 21st to catch the Phillies there.

I’m not sure if three weeks in Pittsburgh is too long. Apparently there’s more bars per capita than any other city in the country. On the other hand, three days in Cleveland definitely seems like too long.

Sunny Abersoch for the weekend. Just my sister (her place) and my parents. Opened the first beer at 8……

8 Likes
2 Likes

We’re over in ten day’s time and I was pondering whether to go to Black Rock sands one day. Are the traffic jams still a fucking nightmare up that end ?

1 Like

Looks good…visited Llanbedrog and Porth Neigwel many years ago…still a beautuful place.

2 Likes

Just built this 6m long X 3.4m high steel trellis. First proper DIY job and very pleased with it as it will screen out the neighbours garage once the star jasmine grows up in a couple of years.

4 Likes

Been ok so far this last week but I’ve been going during shitty weather or late in the day.

I might pop down for 9am tomorrow. See how that is. Campsite on the left as you approach the entrance has been quiet this week.

1 Like

10 years before you were legal?
Probably explains a lot.

Roads were ok this am. Starting to get a bit sticky in Porthmadog thanks to that pelican crossing on the High St.

Camp site on the left as you approach the beach had room.

Sneaky hour kite surfing this am. Covered 14 miles apparently. Got properly spanked once.

2 Likes

Dig or plant the jasmine in a pot / space twice as big as recommended. I’ve got Jasmine planted in a 300x1000x400mm box and it needs bigger.

Thanks, I’ve planted 9 star jasmine there and they will create a green wall w/in 2-3 years. When they are in the ground in good soil they can be closer together especially here where they won’t exceed 3.5m.

On the other side boundary I’ve just put in a bamboo hedge which should also be a great screen in a couple of years. Next project is to paint the fugly zincalume garden shed.

We’ve just got back from an overnight stay in Llangollen. We were there yesterday to commit my Brother in Law’s ashes to the Dee from the bridge on the High Street. Had the chance to spend time with two of my Sisters, a Brother in Law and a couple of Nephews and one of my Nieces.
TBH I was dreading it a bit. I’ve always been close to my BiLs and John was best man for me when Mrs C and I married. I read a eulogy at his funeral and only managed to finish it with the help of my Niece.
As it turned out it was a fantastic day and night. John and his friends from his youth used to attend the Eisteddfod each year, and each year they’d all jump off the bridge and into the Dee. His friends were also in attendance. Yesterday was John’s last jump. On Thursday I placed his ashes in a biodegradable bag which then went into a biodegradable pillow. Once it hit the water it started to dissolve and spread his ashes as the current carried it downstream.
We then retired to a nearby pub were as is our family way we took it in turns to (good naturedly) take the pee out of each other.
After breakfast we bade our farewells to each other and Mrs C and I drove back home over the Horseshoe Pass and stopped for a fantastic roast dinner in a pub on the way.
Just sitting here now feeling more relaxed than I can remember being in a long time.

Hope that you’ve all had good weekends yourselves? Take care. :+1::nerd_face:

15 Likes

What was the pub ?

We’ve stopped off there on the way back from Bala. We took that route home today rather than go back along the A483 and A55 just so we could eat there. A really lovely pub with great staff and delicious fresh food. :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like