Which CF do you want?

:flushed:

Kane is world class. Unselfish but can score. Has it all really. Should try get if possible

1 Like

@cynicaloldgit is unselfish a word, shouldn’t one use generous or something similar? :grin:

1 Like

unselfish

adjective

1. willing to put the needs or wishes of others before one’s own.

Very suitable :wink:

3 Likes

Just sounds funny. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Kane isn’t unselfish. It’s actually the opposite. Spurs have to be set up like an NFL team with him as their star quarterback. Everyone else is there as a support character. One thing Mourinho managed in his time there was to open up the plays. It’s not always about Kane being the scorer now it’s sometimes about him being the creator for somebody else to score, but Kane is still the star calling the play. When Kane plays everything is geared to go through him, he’s the fulcrum and regularly the one the ball has to get to so they can score. Over the years they’ve several times looked like a more creative, unpredictable and exciting attack when he’s been missing and the others can play their natural game more. No way Klopp brings him here. If he did he’d have to rebuild the squad and tactics around him.

3 Likes

You’re obviously a product of the Thatcher years :wink:

5 Likes

Is that a bad thing though?? Maybe a slight change up of tactics is needed up top

Kane won’t need a slight change up of tactics he’ll need it all restructuring top to bottom around him to make him the focal point of the vast majority of our attacks. In a way none of Salah, Mane and Firmino need. If we want a player can bring something different sometimes etc. it isn’t Kane. Harry Kane is your star man and everything goes through him and works in line with his plan. Same for Spurs and England.

Harry Kane has always been the star man and fair enough rightly so at his clubs. But making the step up to Liverpool, he will have to change. Jose to be fair, got Harry more involved in the play so it shows he can adapt. I think our main issue this season was hitting the net from in the box situations and I feel we need that more than someone who will suit our system. I think will less responsibility he can get more chances due to not being the main man. I doubt we will sign him but I do think he would fit in

Don’t want Kane.

He would score lots of goals.

Don’t want Kane.

2 Likes

Imo it’s pointless to talk about Kane. He won’t be coming here.

Who else is there???

6 Likes

Kylian Mbappe?

4 Likes

Who was the young African lad in Denmark? Supposed to be a great prospect?

(Shopping way down the market, but could be a diamond we unearth? This assumes we keep current strikers and spend our dough on Konate and Bissouma).

Kane is a more ridiculously unlikely signing than Mbappe so if we aren’t talking about him then we shouldn’t waste words on 'arry.

I’d love to see Kylian (Obvs) but any of Sancho; Tammy or CHO would also be great. We definitely need to strengthen though. Can’t just rely on Bobby, Sadio, Mo and Diogo for another season. Ideally we sign two quality players with Origi and another (Minamino or Bobby?) out then that would help ensure we didn’t need too drastic a rebuild in 22-23.

1 Like

I would love to have a new CF. Elliott is still too young to have a consistent role while our Traditional Three are approaching their twilight years. Only Jota can be considered for present and for future, but his injuries are a bit unnerving.

A young forward who will become a mainstay in couple of years time would be nice.

3 Likes

What are we expecting Origi sold and a young forward brought in? What about Awoniyi I’ve never seen him play is he a option or do we just sell.

If it’s in the same price bracket, whom would you pick, Son or Sancho?

Sancho, based on age.

4 Likes

There is a fun angle surely?

1 Like