Which CF do you want?

Kane is a selfish Cnut. One ankle knock from never being the same. Terrible buy for Scum.

Lautaro Martínez checks all the boxes. Great finisher great hold up play, great dribbler, great in the air and is still just 23. He is by no means slow and with coaching more than capable of pressing.

Apparently inter are asking £60m, which we should be able to lower to about £20m if we send Bobby the other way.

3 Likes

Welcome to TAN :handshake:

1 Like

Barca wanted him last summer, but couldn’t afford him obviously. Now, he’s signing a new contract with Inter soon.

1 Like

Most great goal scorers are selfish. Anyway, he’ll probably end up at City.

Most world-class strikers are selfish to some degree. I don’t say that we should sign Kane at all costs, but if there is an opening, why not? He will be great against “park the bus” teams.

I still prefer Sancho - he is going to be top 3 attackers of the next generation - he will be the Arnold of the attack front.

2 Likes

I would be very happy with Sancho too.

Mo bangs in goals for fun and can play inside too. Sancho has pace, trickery, assists, goals… and lots more to come. It looked like he was nailed on for Man Utd, but if they spend their time chasing Kane, maybe we can do something with Sancho?

1 Like

A CF who would have converted chances our front three haven’t over the course of this season is not a particularly high bar. If that’s the expectation, I’m sure there are better options than Harry fucking Kane.

I’m not sure how his consistent attempts to injure defenders would sit with Klopp. No way I could get behind the gormless cunt.

5 Likes

A CF who can convert chance better than the front 3, can consistently score 20+ goals, can play even with his back towards the goal, has good physical attributes and height that will serve us well against the like of Burnley or West Brom. Well, we should take him if there is an opening.

I prefer Man Utd taking him, because if so we will take Sancho.

1 Like

Our own front three from last season can score way more than our front three from this season. Finishing has been the problem for all three, but I believe they can still come good.

Doesn’t mean that another CF would be really good though. Preferably someone who can transition into a permanent starter in a year or two, like Jota. I don’t see any of our front three wanting out or being pushed out unless they want to move, atleast this year.

3 Likes

Utd may simply buy both…

1 Like

I still pick Tammy Abraham as my choice for that. Andre Silva may expect a more immediate role, Sardar Azmoun could be an interesting low key option but maybe a bit more similar to Jota in some ways. Alexander Izak or Sasa Kalajdzic as real alternative options to Abraham. None would cost even a third of what Harry Kane would whilst being able to compliment what we have instead of it being reconfigured around a new main focal point like Kane would demand.

4 Likes

I think we all would! Would be great to show a sign of intent. Otherwise we keep trusting Klopp’s coaching and miracle-working

If we have the sources to bring in Sancho I would like to keep Awoniyi in the squad to have a different option for our attack.

Sell Minamino and send Harvey back on loan.

Awoniyi as a 6th choice attacker similar to keeping Nat as a 5th choice CB.

1 Like

According the internet Awoniyi is 183cm - looks so much taller on tv.

1 Like

Rather than have players like Phillips and Awoniyi in the squad surely it makes more sense for those like Elliot to be involved, players with actual proper ability.

8 Likes

He looks muscular, doesn’t mean he’s aggressive or that he plays as a proper #9 or target man.

He can be tall, but play like a little pussy. He can be small, but carry Kompany off the floor on his back in a duel like Sterling did for us. Takes more than just height and muscles.

He had a little scoring patch last autumn, since then Union had other forwards scoring goals, from what I saw. Still, hopefully we can get a decent fee for him this summer.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see big fees spent this summer on players, from anyone to be honest.

Whoever makes the first big move will set the market value though, if it were too happen. A few years ago Kane would’ve been around £130m and north. But with the pandemic throwing a spanner in the works, I see him moving for less than that, if he does shift on.

They have just one decent/good season under their belts. That doesn’t necessarily mean they will not do good in the coming seasons, but it does mean they are a bit of a gamble.

He was injured for few months and have returned recently. I think we should let him go to a club where he will play regularly.

1 Like

Izak was signed by Dortmund because he has some playing characteristics and attributes that may mean he could be a good fit here despite his unconventional packaging. Sasa maybe more a case of first proper season anywhere with some media exposure so people can see what he’s about. Yet again assumptions are made due to his physique but he started off as a midfielder and has some ball playing capabilities. Plus I always feel a little more generous to self declared Liverpool fans :rofl:

1 Like