Who do you wish to sell

Karius: Adios. It’s been the longest five years in the history of football.

Adrian: I have a feeling that he will stick around until he retires.

Kelleher: He has played just eight games in a season when we are competing on all fronts. He signed an extension last summer, so there’s obviously some understanding between him and Klopp/LFC.

Neco: Definitely leaving, for a very decent fee.

Nat: Definitely leaving, for a decent fee.

Gomez: It’s ridiculous that he played just 710 mins in a season we competing on all fronts. But considering what happened in the previous season, I expect Klopp/LFC to hold on to him unless a lucrative offer materializes.

Milner: I have a feeling that he will stick around until he retires.

Alex: The question is if wants to reboot his career or wants the security of having another year in his contract. I feel many PL clubs can match his wage and we might be lenient about the transfer fee to ease him off the squad.

Origi: Fare well, wherever you fare.

Minamino: He has played just 917 mins in a season we competing on all fronts. He can play a far greater part with a lot of European clubs and I feel he wants to.

I have an uneasy feeling that one of Mane and Firmino may depart this summer.

It will be an ‘interesting’ summer, besides, Karius, Origi, Adrian and Milner who obvious will leave since they are out of contract we have to make a decision what to do with Salah (30), Firmino (30), Ox (29) and Mané (30) whom all enter their last year of contract.

I wish Julian Ward a lot of wisdom …

1 Like

It’s not obvious that Milner will leave, maybe we agree on another year.

3 Likes

To me it is.

Okay then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think he stays. With Origi going and all the uncertainty around Salah, Mane and Firmino I don’t think we let him go as he’s a useful player that can cover a few positions. Also, I don’t pay loads of attention to the academy sides but I don’t think we have a young player looking to take that step up yet either. It means he’ll get starts in the cup games and time off the bench as he’s done this year.

I think it also depends on what plans we have for bringing other players in and what the player himself wants.

1 Like

The same for Gomez. The club may want to keep him but it’s easy to envisage him demanding a move in order to play first team football and maybe get himself into contention for a place in the World Cup squad.

Minamino will probably end up with 12-13 goals this season. He’s on 9 now. That’s not a bad return for a substitute.

4 Likes

Not sure where he gets 3-4 more goals until the end of the season, but yeah, he’s been a good domestic cup player this season. Hopefully attracts some interest and offers.

1 Like

Wouldn’t surprise me if we cash in on Gomez and Neco and bring in a young RB (we’ve been linked with Calvin Ramsey today) and Nat Phillips as Gomez replacement.

Doesn’t sound ‘attractive’ at all but feels like a Klopp move.

Nat Phillips is not a Joe Gomez replacement

6 Likes

Agree

What makes it feel like a Klopp move?

Playing Nat in a backline that plays this high would be suicide. He’s not got the pace to play high. He lacks the passing to instigate attacks like Virg or the ball carrying ability that Matip has to do the same nor the flexibility to cover right back if needs be like Gomez can.

He’s also 25 and yet to establish himself anywhere. Great servant for what he did last year but he’s not making it here.

For what it’s worth, I also doubt a newly signed 18 year old with one seasons experience in the Scottish Premier League is going to be Trent’s back up immediately. If that lad comes in I could see Nico getting a move and Joe stays to cover right back and centre back with the new kid and Bradley as development projects.

If Gomez pushes to go I reckon we’d hold onto Nico but both he and Phillips will likely go this summer with their loan clubs probably keen to keep them.

1 Like

I think Gomez has deputized Trent well enough to stick around a few more years. Think that he’s homegrown and English doesn’t hurt either? he’s a 4th choice CB and 2nd choice RB.

2 Likes

We’ve seen the last of Nat at Liverpool.

With the other two, we’ll see, I’m not sure.

We might sell Neco this summer or the next one, when he’ll have two years left on his deal. What can Fulham offer, what are the other offers, etc.

Gomez will have two years left this summer. The club would I think like to continue with these 4 CB’s for next season, but we’ll see if the player really wants to go and there is good enough interest for us to think about it.

There was talk of Millie signing for another year, so that’s also a factor for the backup RB role.

I guess we’ll just have to wait, too much focus now on remaining games/trophies I don’t think there’ll be any contract announcements until after the end of the season.

2 Likes

I agree about Nat. Hero for last season. Needs to move on. Won’t play here, unless drastic emergency, and even then with the depth now I just don’t see it. He goes, with our thanks. Good luck.

Gomez - excellent deputy for right back. That cross recently was very good. Pace up and down the flank. Perfect for when Trent needs a breather. As a central defender he is really good too. It is unfortunate that he suffered a big injury, as he dropped down the pecking order as Matip got healthy and we signed Konate. Still, he might yet find his way in at CB in time.

If he wants to go to play, and try to get back with England, someone will need to come up with an offer to make us deal, but we won’t be too intransigent, as Klopp has form for letting players go if they want to.

Big decision for Joe.

If he leaves, I don’t want Milner to be first choice back up for right back, not at this stage. He is amazing in so many ways, but the pace has gone and the legs are going that way too. It is not the position for a fella his age, the way we play. At that point Neco needs to come back, or we need to buy a back up, hopefully like a Tsimikas but for the other side. And then if there’s an academy prospect coming through, great, but they don’t go to the first choice back up yet, as the gap is too great.

Edit
I don’t know how close Sepp Van den Berg is. Came in as a young gangly kid, but by all accounts is doing well on loan at Preston. Arguably he could be a back up right back if the decks are cleared a bit, but obviously the club will assess that one closely.

2 Likes

I suspect the issue around Gomez is less his ability but whether he wants to actually stay.

6 Likes

Exactly. He’d be a guaranteed starter for the vast majority of PL teams.
If he leaves, he’ll be the best player to go since Suarez. He has to worth 50m (70m to Newcastle).

1 Like

Nat would be great for emergency cover but not at his age. He’s 25 and should be playing regularly. If he was 35 then I’d be more than happy for him to stick around but he needs to put his own career first.