Who do you wish to sell

I know, straight after Madrid.

Nah, for me he went back to being his old self. Couple of performances (I’m being nice to him here, he rarely manages a complete performance) here and there, but he remained someone who provided some rare moments.

Not enough.

3 Likes

Karius, Nat, Oyo, Origi and outside chances of Minamino leaving.

Bet there will be some crazy fake tweets in the coming hours.

1 Like

Murmurs of Phillips going earlier in the window for £12m to £15m. Surely there must be some interest after the season just gone.

2 Likes

At this point I wouldn’t sell anyone off that hasn’t already gone. If last season taught us anything about injuries it’s that anything can happen. Opportunities present themselves at the strangest times.

1 Like

Overrated. Just like Kabak.

2 Likes

Updated???

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

The German failed to secure a switch before August 31, and further deadlines in Russia (September 7) and Turkey (September 8) passed without a suggestion of interest from either top flight.

While there is still a chance of a transfer to Serbia or Mexico, for example, with their windows still open, that seems very unlikely.

Surely Portugal (22 September) would be a far more obvious destination than Serbia or Mexico? Oh…it’s Lusby. Of course.

3 Likes

Any significant outgoing in the coming window?

Natalie probably.

Karius please

1 Like

Give away. :expressionless:

Karius will be able to sign pre-contract in January.

I think couple of Youth players might go on loan.

We have to free spaces in the squad and wage bill to accommodate new signings. There’s a bunch of players almost certain to leave this summer:

Adrian
Karius
Nat
Milner
Origi

Then there are some unsubstantiated/clickbait rumors regarding Neco and Gomez. However, considering their places in the squad it’s practical that the players and the club are planning a move.

Beyond these players we have the real prospect of selling some of the following players:

Either of Thiago, Keita, and Ox
Either of Mane and Firmino, or Salah

In all, there’s 8-9 senior players who would leave Liverpool in the summer.

2 Likes

The first five you named, plus Neco, wouldn’t put a dint in it. Sell them all, with our best wishes, promote from within, acquire a free here and there, or a low cost signing, to cover it.

It gets tasty when we get to Gomez. I wouldn’t sell him, but if he wants to go, and the money is acceptable, we could replace him with a good young cb, with a view to being the long term partner for Konate, I’m sure.

Now we are looking at Thiago, Keita, Ox. All good players. All with durability issues. I would sell any of them, and it would boil down to money on the table. The money would be recycled into bringing the age of the midfield down, with added durability.

Up front, Mo, Bobby, Mane. This is very tricky. It would still probably boil down to money on the table for me. Obviously Mo is most important, then probably Mane, then Bobby. But if we had a real offer of say £120M for Mo, in comparison to £30M for Bobby, I’d rather sell Mo at that point, assuming we had two very good players lined up to bolster the attacking ranks.

Bottom line, some of those players are a lot more expendable than others, so no problem if and when they go. Others we definitely want to keep, but it would boil down to money on the table, and for which player/s?

1 Like

It would save around £15 mil in wages.

Pretty sure that Thiago is going nowhere this summer. Possibly in the summer of 2023, since his deal is until 2024. But not earlier than those two summers.

4 Likes

Absolutely, and we should sell them. The dint thing was our prospects. They wouldn’t especially be diminished and/or players in that list can be easily replaced. It’s when we go deeper into the list that it needs more thought. My view is that at that point money on the table will be a crucial factor.

Agree with all of those except Milner. We won’t get any money for him at this stage and he should be kept on a coach etc. He’s a great example for the young players.

1 Like

That intention from our side would be understandable, but he will probably feel he can still play. And why not. If he’s still playing for one of the best sides in Europe, there’s still somewhat lower level football in him for the next few years. Then, we’ll see if we want him back, if he wants back to get into coaching, etc.

1 Like