Who do you wish to sell

Yup, forgot about Ibou, he can stay too.

Sorry yes Jota and Diaz would get a passā€¦ For now.

Fancy this thread to be a busy 1 between now and May.

At the moment ā€˜the lotā€™ā€¦all kit n caboodleā€¦

Never throw the kit out with the caboodle.

1 Like

My unpopular opinion before the season started was that Jota was going to continue to find himself as a useful not but essential piece and seek a move away at the end of the season. By virtue of his absence, he is increasingly looking like one of the few salvageable pieces

1 Like
  • Matip SELL
  • Salah SELL
  • Phillips SELL
  • Fabinho SELL
  • KeĆÆta Leave
    *Chamberlain Leave

I think itā€™s going be who would you keep.

2 Likes

Yeah haha, he was on a pretty barren spell himself I think?

1 Like

Gomez doing his level best to get himself to the top of the list.
Never seen such a demise.

Last he was consistently quality was early 18/19 (in those first few months him and Gini were smashing it). Had his injuries like we all know, but that top period was a long time ago.

Itā€™s a downtime, and as such I would sell almost the whole lot. But realistically that cannot happen, even if we get new owners.

Keita, Ox, Milner. Deals expiring. Thank you for your service. Milner might get renewed on a coaching sort of deal. I would like that, as he is a great pro and can pass a lot on.

The older midfielders are all lacking, to one degree and another. I wouldnā€™t be bothered in the slightest if all of Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago left in summer, but realistically, the cuts are unlikely to go that deep.

In defence I think Matip will go, and ideally another of the sort of profile of Konate will come in, who can replace VVD in time, while rotating in now as needed.

Up front we have seen lots of changes already. I would sell Mo Salah. He has lost a yard of pace and is frequently bettered in one to one duels with defenders. His finishing has been off for a while too. We are definitely not getting value for money since he signed his new deal.

Trent is not untouchable for me, either. If a good offer came in from the likes of Real Madrid, I would give it serious thought.

I might also let Kelleher go, for a different reason though, as he is at the stage where he could be playing week in week out, and growing to hopefully world class status. Buy back clause though, as he might easily be the Allison replacement in a few short years.

Thatā€™s it for now.

Incoming would therefore be two new midfielders, at least.
A new cb.
Maybe a new rb.
A new right sided forward.
A new back up goalie (oh, sorry Adrian, you can go too).

Lots of work to do.

2 Likes

Gomez, Phillips, Williams should fetch 30m.
Edit, Fabinho another 20m.

Henderson, Gakpo ā€¦

Unpopular opinion yes, but beyond all the others, if anyone comes in with a 100m, I would sell him. In the last couple of seasons, he seems to have these bouts and demeanor that he doesnā€™t care. Many think he could be a future Liverpool captain. He would be lucky to be playing football at 28 if he continues this way. Itā€™s not the ability that worries, itā€™s his nonchalance at times.

2 Likes

Yup, Iā€™m all aboard the sell-TAA train. Iā€™d definitely sell him. Weā€™d probably get decent money for him too. And Iā€™m sure his offensive abilities are intact. Itā€™s just that heā€™s spent for us. Iā€™m sure heā€™s had enough of being accused of being defensively lacking. Itā€™s mentally worn him down to the point where he doesnā€™t even try any more.

Other than the deal-expiring midfielders Iā€™d sell Fabinho as weā€™d get some value for him and his legs seem to have gone the most.

In defence, Iā€™d sell anyone who gets the highest bid. That includes Van Dijk. If any player sale means we recoup nearly enough money to bring in two quality players (well recruited so at least one doesnā€™t cost an arm and a leg) then theyā€™re gone.

Iā€™d actually keep Kelleher and sell Allison as weā€™d get huge value from him and it would help us improve multiple positions. Possibly three players for one. Or at least two high quality ones and a prospect.

Salah is a must-sell for me as it clear heā€™s not producing what we need and he is most likely to only decline further. Plus he retains market value.

3 Likes

I think a meltdown like this season has been lurking behind the scenes for a while waiting to rear its head and its only the miracles that Klopp has been able to perform that has staved it off till now.

We did the same thing after we won the league and got lucky that we could put a decent enough run together to pinch 4th and iā€™d say the club looked at that and gambled we could do the same this season and to be fair I didnā€™t for a minute think we would be this poor.

But the league is stronger now more tough games than ever and the same squad is a few years older and slower and the desire and effort and intensity just arenā€™t there anymore to cover for the lack of investment.

So on that basis iā€™d let all the expiring contracts walk this summer and iā€™d be giving every contracted player fair warning that they are playing for their careers at the club. Id have Matip, Gomez and Phillips all available. Probably Fab and Thiago too. Dunno how many would be safe tbh there are so many disinterested players currently.

Sad its got to here really. Such a great team which has delivered us all so much success but it looks like many are at the end of their time here.

5 Likes

I wish to sell the whole lot of them at the moment including Klopp.

Klopp needs to set a tactic and for me heā€™s had long enough for us to have identified that one is in place however itā€™s not is it.
I recognise that Klopp is a very stubborn ā€¦ ā€¦ . ā€¦ however he and his team should have identified something by now.

This is all very easy to say and I wish to add that as far as Iā€™m concerned this ā€˜shitā€™ has been on the cards for a long time. I might say things however Iā€™m not despaired, I think Klopp will pull this round but it shopuld be evident to most he and his team are central to whatā€™s gone on this season. Klopp must stay, and we should be patient, and sort this mess out. Our coach is good enough, our players are good enough (just need a DM as I say each season and all season) but without a tactic and character (which we have been loseing steadily for quite some time) weā€™re going nowhere.

1 Like

I think this summer will see a lot of departures.

Adrian, Ox, Naby, and Milner have expiring contracts and should be allowed to leave. Firmino too has an expiring contract and though I love him, I feel itā€™s time to go separate ways. He has missed around 40 games since the start of 20/21 season and things arenā€™t likely to get any better.

3 Likes

I think we need to be careful about getting rid of too many in one window and leaving us a huge amount of work to do.

Kelleher seems like a prime candidate and Iā€™d be okay with that. Heā€™s not ousting Alisson, heā€™s too good to be a back up and he no doubt has ambitions to be a number one somewhere. Adrian can go.

Matip Iā€™d be fine with going. Just think his time has come. We donā€™t want to be offering him another deal and we donā€™t want him wandering off on a free in a years time. If Matip is going, Iā€™d keep Gomez. Heā€™s better than heā€™s shown recently, counts as homegrown and can cover right back. Heā€™d get another year for me. Phillips deserves a chance to go and play somewhere.

Ox, Keita, Milner are gone. Fabinho is struggling but unless we get a huge wedge for him, which we wonā€™t after the season heā€™s had then I think youā€™re creating yourself another need in CM by pushing him out. Keep him another year and see if he can find his form or just as a squad option. Will still have two years left on his contract next summer so move him on then if he is truly shot. Personally I think a break and some younger legs in midfield with him might help recover some of his form.

I donā€™t see us getting any offers for Henderson or us pushing him out the door. He stays but as a squad option rather than as part of the best 11. Jones stays. Homegrown squad option and hope he sorts the injury niggles. Another to reassess next summer though.

Up top weā€™re pretty well stacked. I love Firmino, my favourite player of this period but, I think weā€™d be compounding our issues by signing up another declining player the wrong side of 30 to a new contract. I think sadly, the time has come.

I think we can do that without adding anyone else up top. Salah stays, Elliott sees a bit more time wide right as we revamp out CM options. With those two plus Jota, Nunez, Diaz, Gakpo and Carvalho we should have more than enough to cope without Bobby and allows us to move to a new system that has more of a number 9 as the focal point which seems to be what weā€™ve been moving towards.

Leaves us needing an experienced back up GK, promote one of the young lads to third choice. Then a new CB and two genuine first team options in CM with Bajetic now part of the first team squad. Doesnā€™t seem unsurmountable for a summer but that first 11 will feel like itā€™s had a pretty big refresh over the last couple of years with Nunez, Gakpo, Bajetic, Diaz, Konate and three new signings this summer all arriving in the space of two years.

4 Likes