Who do you wish to sell

I’d just flog him in the stocks

2 Likes

Reminded me of the beach ball boy, except he didn’t affect the result.

scratch that,

after today,

the whole fucking lot of them

3 Likes

From mentality monsters to mentality minnows

1 Like
  • sign Bellingham and Mount, Milner contract extension, keep Jones
  • sign Bellingham, Mount and another CM (for example Nunes), let Milner go and sell Jones

0 voters

Who is the other midfielder?

If it is Kone or Caicedo, I would do that option.

But I’m not a big fan of Mount, not at £50M and a hefty wage, even if he is a decent player. I think Elliott has a lot of the same qualities, and if we were to fast forward 4-5 yrs so Elliott is the same age as Mount is now, my guess is Harvey would be seen as the better player.

4 Likes

Where’s the option to not sign Mount?

5 Likes

I remember two years ago many thought Curtis is better than the likes of Mount, Foden and Maddison.

Jones hasn’t improved in two years and yes I know he had many injuries - which is actually a bigger worry.

And now Harvey is that player. ‘Better than Mount’ but actually he is nowhere near where Mount has already been for two or three years.

Red tinted glasses and stuff…

1 Like

Interesting the stuff on Alisson and Kelleher and some desire for fans to sell Alisson because Kelleher is ample enough, he was missing again today, and he misses a fair lot for a reserve keeper, Alisson I believe has only missed games from injuries that have happened in game time.

Also Jota is another, clamour to sell but if I’m honest without him today it would have been even worse to watch.

2 Likes

That’s not what I said. Please be fair.

I said fast forward 4-5 yrs so Harvey is the age that Mount is now. And then I wouldn’t be surprised if Harvey is perceived as the better player. I see Harvey and Mount as having overlapping skill sets, and we need different to Mount for our midfield.

As for Mount himself, he is a good player. For me, not £50M good, plus a high salary. And definitely not worth that investment in relation to the current needs of our midfield. But of course he is a good player. I have no red tinted glasses about him at all.

Let’s imagine our hopes come true and we sign Bellingham in the summer. The question now is who should the second midfielder be?

For me, NOT Mount.

Instead give me Caicedo, or if not affordable Kone. Failing that, Khephren Thuram, or Matheus Nunes who we have been linked with.

Bottom line, for me, there are many midfielders I would have over Mount.

Of course he is a good player, and if we end up signing him I would back him to do well here.

But I see many other players as a better fit with our needs, and I see better value for money in some others too.

2 Likes

Buy Bellingham, Mount, Caicedo

Keep Milner sell Jones, Ox, Keita, Fabinho

Hope you’re right about Harvey but I’m not seeing that just like I never saw that in Curtis.

Under Klopp Mount would surely be able to get back to his best or even better but we’ll see what happens.

Mount being able to play in midfield and attack would be a plus (especially since Bobby is leaving) but then again I also agree that we need 2 new out and out CMs.

With Hendos age, Thiagos contract expiring, Curtis lack of development and Fabinhos performances we can not forget that the summer of 2024 will be also be very important and one or two new CM will be needed again.

That’s why personally I hope we are proactive this summer and bring in Bellingham, Mount and another CM so that we can concentrate on one new major signing next year.

We did the proactive thing in attack. Jota came in while Origi was still here. Diaz came in while Sadio was still here and Nunez/Gakpo arrived before Bobby left.

1 Like

2 Likes

Arent you supposed to include a third player you nominate to be killed?

Not sure how anyone can look at our squad and think that Mount is the answer to any of the problems we face.

Sign players for a purpose, not because they’re half decent and available.

6 Likes

I think its just being over exaggerated that hes a “midfielder who can get double figures goals and assists”. That season he was an out and out attacking midfielder with no defensive responsibilities.

PL goals: 4 against Norwich, 2 against Southampton and Leeds, 1 each against Watford, West Ham and Everton.

A goal is a goal but when he was arguably their main attacking player - with Havertz operating as a “striker” - its simply not the same as talking about Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard getting 20 from midfield.

When hes been moved back into a midfield role for Chelsea he’s struggled mightily.

Hes one player on the market that has the same ‘problem’ as Jones, Elliott and Carvalho. Hes not a striker but hes not a midfielder. For some reason we’ve collected these types recently despite never using them how they naturally want to play.

3 Likes

sign Bellingham and another midfielder (for example Nunes). Let Milner go and keep Jones.

Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago, Bellingham, Elliott, Jones, Bajcetic and another midfielder should be more than enough.

If we feel we can do everything we need to this year while also replacing Fabinho or Thiago then we should also do that, but for me keeping Milner for another year or selling Jones aren’t something I’d be thinking about.

If there some plan for Milner to morph into a coach, then fair enough, but I think this is just something people suggest with no basis for it other than because he does well in training

2 Likes

Nunes hasn’t impressed at all,i’d go for Neves

FFS. Once AGAIN for the millionth time When someone says for example it means it’s an example.

And it wasn’t even my example!!!

1 Like

The millionith time.I must have missed those other times.