Who do you wish to sell

At 26 he should be handing in transfer request.

2 Likes

Most inexperienced 26-year old we ever had on our books.

:joy:

1 Like

From his point of view, perhaps it will never be better than life at Liverpool, his whole career, so he is extracting every last drop he can. Besides, if he is to go elsewhere, the club needs an offer, and needs to accept the offer.

26, but low mileage. Maybe it prolongs his career too? When he is 32 he will be fresh as a 29 year old!

It will be a surprise if Nat is still here beyond this summer.

Perhaps we are paying him to well and he knows he will never make that kind of money elsewhere ā€¦

Could swiftly be overtaken by Kelleher if we donā€™t start getting some decent offers for our squad players.

With 2(!) years left on his deal and 232 senior football minutes in his legs this season, Iā€™d be careful what fee to expect this summer. Going on past experience, could be another loan before someone finally buying him.

1 Like

Would be against a loan personally unless we can find a way to extend his contract before he departsā€¦knowing our luck heā€™ll pick up a season ending injury in September just as heā€™s finding his feet & then come back to us with a year left. Nah. Rather just look for a sale in summer whatever we can get, 15-20m, then depending on how highly we value the #2 which Imo is not very, getting some dud on a free to take up his minutes.

I think last summer we wanted Ā£10m, but now a realistic fee might be below that, or towards that included add ons.

1 Like

I reckon we would probably still be able to get that for him, I think the summer before we could have commanded close to double.

We struggled to get those Ā£10m, so I really donā€™t think that (close to double) was realistic. I think Pearce said last summer that we might have to lower that Ā£10m expectation.

I said two summers ago.

Potential outgoing list for this summer

Adrian :heart:
Ox :wave:
Keita :wave:
Milner :sob:
Firmino :sob:

Kelleher
Nat

Aside from Tyler Morton, Conor Bradley, Marcelo Pitaluga, Vitezslav Jaros and Sepp van den Berg, none of the loaned out players showed much potential during their loans and they should be in line for sale, further loan, or release.

There could be some not-so-expected sales.

Tsimikas has played little over 3000 minutes in three seasons. He may consider moving for regular minutes while Klopp may think a young player (Conor Bradley) is good enough as an occasional backup for Robertson.

Gomez has been inconsistent in form and fitness over the last three seasons. He may consider moving for a fresh start, and even if we donā€™t buy a CB, Klopp may think a young player (Sepp van den Berg) is good enough as his alternative.

If we receive an acceptable offer for Thiago or Fabinho, coupled with the state of our purchases, Klopp may let one of them go. We are in the market for a #6, so the new midfielder along with Bajcetic and Morton will make Fabinho saleable.

1 Like

This has me in a bit of a quandary. Ultimately it says we need investment for the full back positions - January next year ideally.

I think he has constantly stated he has no desire to move.

2 Likes

There are rumours that bids have been received for Carvalho. If he genuinely isnā€™t happy I would be happy for him to leave.

I just wonder if there will be any offers for any of the bigger names. It wouldnā€™t surprise me if there was a speculative bid from Spain for Darwin if his language skills are holding him back. Iā€™m not sure that Iā€™d want him to leave unless there is silly money involved.

Definitely no room for Carvalho in our first team squad for next season, that was clear for months now.

However, I fully expected it to be a loan.

Butā€¦ maybe thereā€™s actually an offer for a permanent transfer where both sides agree that itā€™s the best thing to do.

In that case, youā€™d hope we would negotiate/include some sort of a buy back option or something.

1 Like

A buy back option would be preferred on Carvalho or first option.

I was hoping we would use him in Europe but a full loan season at a PL club would be more beneficial.

If Iā€™m honest though I wouldnā€™t really blame him.

1 Like

Where does Carvalho fit in positionally? Thatā€™s the main issue. Heā€™s doesnā€™t have the pace to play down the left and we donā€™t really play with a #10. False 9? Maybe but we have Cody and Jota that can play that position and are miles ahead of him at the moment. Loan to get his value up a bit and then sell is the likely scenario.

2 Likes

We donā€™t really know what weā€™ve got with Carvalho except that heā€™s shown enough to suggest that thereā€™s something there.

He shouldnā€™t be sold unless a crazy offer comes in.

4 Likes

If it is a sale, ideally we have some sort of protection with a buy back or first refusal. On the other hand, we canā€™t stockpile players like some other unscrupulous sides, so if we donā€™t have a plan for him that gives him a path to first team football, he needs to move on and carve out his career.

I half wondered if we might sell to a team in Portugal and bring in someone like Inacio or Ugarte in the arrangement?

1 Like