Who do you wish to sell

Agree that if Jones actually wants to leave, or if Areola doesn’t fancy him, then it’s time for him to leave while he has value. Is he ever going to be a nailed on starter for us? Probably not, but rather someone who starts maybe 50-60% of the time and has utility by virtue of his positional flexibility.

Elliot in the same boat but probably with fewer chances, though who knows, Klopp really liked Harvey, and Iraola is stylistically much closer to Klopp than Slot.

It’s Iraola, not Aerola or whatever.

1 Like

1 Like

Harry-Ola

2 Likes

Have we sold anyone yet?

We need to streamline the squad as much as we need strengthening it.

1 Like

Luca Stephenson… so not a lot of players sold yet. I imagine Ramsay will be next and Jones unfortunately seems possible to happen.

1 Like

I´d love both to prove me wrong as theyare great lads but I don´t see any need for Chiesa or Endo. I think Endo´s legs have gone and Chiesa just isnt the same player he was before injuries.

If possible I´d get them off the wage bill and any fee we can get. I don´t think we would lose a thing really now that Nyoni and maybe Bacjetic are here and likely 4 wide options plus kids.

How would you think Endo’s legs have gone? He never plays!

That´s probably why he doesnt play

It’s hard to tell. Slot never seemed to rate him as more then defensive cover at the end of a game. So maybe it was Endo declining or maybe it was Slot simply not wanting his style of player. It is possible Iraola will use him more. For me, keeping him or not depends on where we decide to make space in the squad for any signings we still make this transfer window. I can’t see us needing more then two more spaces freed up this transfer window.

To be fair I am going off his last appearances but he seemed very leggy and sluggish

Could be explained by his lack of match fitness due to not playing, but at his age I think he´s lost some agility. Still a smart player of course.

Makes sense with what you say about freeing up spaces. Could maybe say freeing the wages could mean more money in the kitty for the future.

1 Like

Think it was very much the latter.

4 Likes

Don’t think getting rid of Endo (unless his level has dropped from pre-injury levels) should be anywhere near the top of our list of non-HG players to get rid of.

A) We lack a specialist DM. I don’t think we need one regularly but tactically not having one is limiting. We have too many jack of all trades, master of none midfielders.

B) We lack proper leaders. Chelsea is bringing in Henderson to serve as an example to some of their prima donnas. We shouldn’t be in too much of a rush to get rid of one of our last proper leaders when we have a lot of prima donnas in our squad as well.

C) sorry… but I prefer utility player Endo over utility player Szob or Jones.

getting rid what does that mean? Like this?

Nervous Get Off GIF by Xbox

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d rather send Tsimikas packing. We should have kept Robbo and sent Tsimikas packing honestly.

Spence or even Chambers will be an upgrade over Tsimikas these days. Look, dude cannot even get game time at AS Roma lmao.

Sorry, are you saying that Endo is better than Szoboslai or Jones?

Big Lebowski GIF

1 Like

I was going to critique your decision to call Szobo a utility player, but then again, you did just hit your head.

2 Likes

No… you’re intelligent so it would have taken 5 seconds max to know / guess what I probably was getting at by better.

But when they are out of position (i.e., RB, I would consider DM out of position for Jones & Szob) I’d prefer Endo there. From a leadership example, I think both Jones and Szob are examples of what we don’t want in a leader.

Obviously Tsimikas and Chiesa. Endo, OTOH, is actually an useful sub player.

I really hope that we push Tsimikas out and let Spence or Chambers in.

pushing out
getting rid

Proper fan’s mindset.

6 Likes