Who do you wish to sell

I’d add Matip, Kelleher, Keita, Ox and Phillips who could all or none be under consideration for sales and if they are could be sold by the end of the month.

Origi wouldn’t have played a second even if he was called up, so it’s almost the same.

:joy:

I’d be absolute knocked sideways if anyone offered cash for Matip.

3 Likes

We are nice to our lot. :innocent:

1 Like

We’re stuck with Matip whether we want him or not. :cry:

I have a feeling Matip might make a few of his doubters eat their words next year. It’s been suggested that a lot of his issues last year were a result of being played through injury last season.

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s a case of being stuck with him, I think the club would much rather keep him and sort his injury issues rather than trying to push him out this summer for what will likely be a below market fee because no one knows how fit he is, and creating another hole to try and address.

Same goes for the likes of Kelleher, Ox, Naby and Phillips. If we need to sacrifice one of Ox or Keita to make a deal we really want to complete then maybe we’ll see that happen. Bit like Brewster and and Hoever last summer. But it’ll be driven by the desire to bring someone in and the need to raise funds and free up squad space rather than a desire to push someone out.

1 Like

They said similar over Keita then he got injures a few games after hid return didn’t he? Medical teams can only do so much.

On Matip I don’t think anyone doubts his quality. On the pitch he’s a real top class CB (which is why I personally think there will be a market for him). He also seems a fun, quirky, popular character and a good guy. The only issue is carrying two injury prone CBs (god forbid Konate turns out to make it 3 or VvD now has regular issues after this big injury). If you are going to keep both Matip and Gomez you probably need to go into seasons with 5 senior CBs meaning we still need to buy one for me as anytime Gomez, Matip and one of the others could be unavailable. If you sell Gomez or Matip you probably still only need to buy one more senior CB as 4 would be enough if only one suffers from injuries more than normal and that 5th CB could be a youth player like Williams or Billy the Kid or something as you’d pretty much only use them when you want.

1 Like

When fit, Matip is still our first choice CB partner with VVD. There is no chance he is sold.

1 Like

Yes, I find it hard to believe as well. He’s such a good player, if the club think he can get over his injury problems I don’t see why they would be interested in selling him.

1 Like

Not by much, but yeah, when all fit and in normal form, I agree. Obviously now there’s new competition in Konate, we’ll see if he can step right in or needs time. I don’t think there’s no chance of Matip being sold, it’s more that it would be difficult to find a buyer with years on his contract, age, situation, etc. He most probably stays as part of our 4 CB’s and then it’s whoever merits it to play alongside Virgil.

He got injured because we played him. I can not see that changing.

1 Like

Noones going to pay his transfer fee plus his wages!
We’re stuck with him.
He’s a good option alongside VVD if he can stay fit. That’s a big if however.

I doubt they could sell him even if they wanted that’s the point I’m trying to make. Nothing in what I say doubts his quality btw (to everyone).

1 Like

What I mean is, I strongly suspect there is no desire from Klopp or the club to move him on this summer anyway. So whilst no one is likely to pay a fee that makes it worthwhile selling, we aren’t actively looking to move him on anyway.

He’ll have had 6-8 months to get himself right, for the medical guys to work out what’s going on and to rest up. We’ll also hopefully be able to ease him back in rather than relying on him to play through injuries. If that doesn’t sort him out then maybe next summer is when you look to shop him and we’ll see if we’re stuck with him but there’s no need to create another hole to fill by trying to sell him this summer.

4 Likes

Shaqiri Wilson Origi Grujic all 14 million, Ojo and woodburn 3m each Awoniyi 6m Phillips 10m that’s nearly 80m to buy Neuhaus and a forward.

For Matip, his fitness uncertainties, is definitely the reason why we would have VVD, Gomez, Konate and Philips/Davies as the other options to have 5 CB options instead of just the usual 4. And I agree, unless someone comes up with some ridiculous offer, we will keep Matip. And even if we can just get 10 starts from Matip for the PL season, that would be great, especially if the others like Gomez and Konate keeps fit. I would not be actively looking to sell Matip but instead I think Philips or Davies, if they are keen to leave, but I would keep either one of them.

1 Like

I’d prefer selling Nat over Neco but tbh I’m hoping we can keep both.

Will be an important season where we can challenge for every trophy with depth we have at the moment.

2 Likes

Harry Wilson and Neco Williams doing us no favours today.

1 Like

Yeah, knocked off 5 mil in one go. :expressionless: