Who would you buy?

Need to get Agent Lovren on his case big time!!

2 Likes

Klopp loves his lanky centre backs. He is too small.

1 Like

Yeah - we hate this from our CBs

Gomez considered leaving us last year and yet extended his contract 5 months ago.

Konate just arrived.

And Matip is under contract until 2024 and I doubt he is going anywhere. Actually believe he tends to see out his contract or even ending his career after his time here.

So I doubt we are looking to add an expensive CB next summer.

Not even sure Leipzig would let him go already so maybe if he waits another year…

Throw in Salah too :wink:

OK so this Amrabat fella that World Cup-watchers have fallen in love with and is now getting fake linked to us everywhere… he’s garbage. Here he is based on his form for Fiorentina this season. For the sake of comparison I’ve marked him next to Fabinho. This season’s Fabinho. The one who has been embarrassingly bad. That Fabinho.

Fabinho makes more tackles, wins more tackles, challenges more dribblers, makes more interceptions, more clearances, fewer errors, makes more ball recoveries and wins more aerial duels.

Basically, the worst version of Fabinho is still better than the current version of Amrabat.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk, let’s focus future conversations on other players.

9 Likes

I don’t understand. He’s had a good World Cup (or Morocco has anyway). We therefore must buy him.

And this Ramos guy from Portugal.

Joel Matip Football GIF by Liverpool FC

2 Likes

Gvardiol look a talent.

Rice was fantastic today better than Tchoumeni by a mile for me

1 Like

Yes, helped England to keep a clean sheet.

Flippant comment probably without watching the game

I think hes overated for the price west ham would be looking for him though.

1 Like

I dont necessarily disagree and he never really one tha I rated until this World cup and I thought he was excellent today

1 Like

Rice strikes me as one of those players who would raise their game in a stronger side. While I did think he’d make a top class centre back, I admit that he’s become a very good defensive midfielder. I really wouldn’t mind seeing him and Bellingham at the heart of our midfield but we’re talking about 200 million pounds in transfer fees, before wages, so that’s a non-starter for us.

4 Likes

I think we’ll aim for Bellingham + potentially one more of lower profile/cheaper. If we fail to get Bellingham, I don’t think we’ll turn our attention to Rice. But simply try to find stylistically the next target that is comparable to Bellingham.

Rice will be probably taken by some other top PL club.

1 Like

I hope we don’t get Rice, because I’d spend the next four years arguing he should be a centre back like I do with all of them, and I can’t be arsed.

Liverpool will assess their options in the transfer market ahead of the January window opening at New Year but as things stand Nunez, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino must provide the firepower they need to climb back into the Top 4.

[James Pearce, The Athletic]

Yeah, no shit James. Thanks for stating the bleeding obvious as you so frequently do.

2 Likes

It’s why I stopped subscribing to The Athletic. Plus they jacked up the price

1 Like