Who would you buy?

This season was Lady Luck.

When you only have 11 fit players, it ain’t too hard to guess the starting XI :wink:

1 Like

Breel Embolo. Looked like he was playing against kids today.

Wouldn’t necessarily buy him…but wouldn’t mind if we did either. Someone on an Lfc pod - think it was Analysing Anfield - said he’s high up in terms of pressing numbers, which is kind of interesting.

2 Likes

We were first linked with him about three years ago, iirc.

3 Likes

Raphina, Gonclaves, and Embolo if possible. Definetly within our budget.

Not really within our budget and we don’t need 3 players. 2 or 1 would do.

1 Like

Definitely should be considered if England plays well and reaches deep and Kalvin being a major force of England’s run.

1 Like

Always a bad idea buying a player with tournament exposure, good or bad it increases their cost significantly.

6 Likes

He’s a good player but we offered Leeds more than £25m before they were even in the PL and they turned us down.

1 Like

Did we? When was this?

This time last year, I think.

Neuhaus, Daka and Cakir.

I wouldn’t touch him with a bargepole, mate. His problem isn’t his potential, because from his physicality, he could be world-class. But he lacks everything else: consistency, fighting spirit, vision, decision-making. He may have ten minutes here and there where he shows what a player he could be if only he had the mentality of, say, a Salah or a Mané, but that’s it. Then he returns to his usual mediocrity again.

And last but not least, he has been hampered by injuries since almost the start of his career. They have thrown him back time and time again.

2 Likes

Sounds like the perfect replacement for Big Div.

3 Likes

All right. Someone else then, I guess :grin:

So you don’t see him as someone who can get it together and become top club material?

He’s not a young hopeful lad anymore. He’s 24 and is probably near to his peak already. He’s a lovely lad, but I’d definitely swerve him and look for other options.

2 Likes

We do not need another Div

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8NgqEupNto

Wish this guy was 20yrs younger…

1 Like
1 Like

If Depay to Barcelona is not a done deal, we should be all over that. As a free signing the fee is lovely! The wages will be high, but that can be smoothed over with a signing bonus so he fits within the overall structure.

He is a quality player and would definitely be an upgrade on Origi, for example, and could also fit in anywhere across the front three to a high level to keep everyone on their toes.

Lusby…

Fact is, Depay had a long chat with Rodgers and straight afterwards decided he didn’t want to join us.

2 Likes