Who would you buy?

How is he against a team who parks a bus or two, since that is who we play 90% of the time, that’s the question for me besides that he has a release thing in his contract of €125 m I hear, no way we are paying that. .

BTW, we need a renovation in midfield this summer, Milner, Ox, Jones have to go and even our captain should not play that many games anymore. Who would I buy, no idea I leve that to the scouting department, they have been excellent.

Sign Darwin Nunez

That’s a forward, we need midfielders.

Disagree on Jones. He’s a good player. Main fault is he overplays a bit sometimes, but I get the impression it is to catch the manager’s eye so he can stay in the team. He may or may not make it to the very top, but at the least he is worth a place in the squad at present, as a talented home grown midfielder who has an eye for goal too.

Milner will probably move on due to age, and Ox will probably need to go elsewhere to play. Hendo will likely start to move towards a Milner type role too, but his competitive nature will stave that off as long as possible, though it is coming.

Anyway, I see our main recruitment in midfield. Bellingham would be great, as he has every chance of bossing it as a complete midfielder for more than a decade to come.

1 Like

Relies too much on his pace and the space in behind that German teams leave. Have a strong feeling he’d look pretty ordinary here like Leon Bailey.

Nkunku the best option by a distance if we’re looking over there for that type of player.

2 Likes

Pretty obvious midfield is where we need changes and recruits.

Make It So Star Trek GIF

3 Likes

[quote=“Dutch, post:4114, topic:114, full:true”]
How is he against a team who parks a bus or two, since that is who we play 90% of the time, that’s the question for me besides that he has a release thing in his contract of €125 m I hear, no way we are paying that. . [/quote]

Yeah, I feel that’s just about the only unanswered question after watching him for two games. Looking at his general play, his control and movement, 1v1 ability, it would surprise me if he had problems with that.

I had never heard of this player before this draw, and now after these two games I’m kind of…who cares about Haaland, just get this guy.

I don’t think we will if he goes this summer, but it would be great fun. Judging on two games…

3 Likes

On Diaby, whenever I saw him, I actually liked his solutions on the ball around the box. Accurate and sharp. Worth keeping an eye on, but that’s it. We need to see what happens with some of our players first, to get an idea what could be our next forward target if we even need one this summer.

On Nunez, contract up until 2025, but I think The Athletic wrote that Benfica are ready to sell this summer. Early, so they can prepare how they reinvest that money. €70m being the asking price and the likes of United (makes sense), PSG and Chelsea (question what could/can happen with Lukaku this summer) interested.

1 Like

Get Connor Gallagher, he’s a Klopp type of player.

2 Likes

I think he’d be a great addition, but he’s contracted to Chelsea until 2025, so unlikely that will happen , unless, whenever Chelsea’s new owners come in, they decide they need to trim the numbers at the club and we can get a shot at him. Even then, the transfer fee’s surely at the £50m mark - 22 year old English CM that this season had 8 goals and 5 assists.

The other thing that I think makes it unlikely he comes here is that he’s from Epsom, some 20odd minutes from Cobham (Chelsea’s training ground) - he’s come through their youth set up - suspect he wants to make it at Chelsea.

3 Likes

I think with Chelsea’s situation overall, they first have to see what happens upstairs. I’m pretty sure they won’t rush into selling (and especially to a rival side) some good loanees like Gallagher before they know what they can work with this summer and the near future. Money wise, in terms of staying highly competitive. If Tuchel stays I think he’ll have a good look at the whole roster to see what he can use for the coming season(s). It seems to me like they would be ready to sell Lukaku, but the question is who buys him and for how much.

Very tenous links to this guy Luka Sučić, anyone seen him?

Obviously I don’t watch RB Salzburg play, but I’ve seen bits and bobs of his international games for Croatia.

He’s currently playing for Igor Biscan’s U21 selection. Recently made his senior debut also. Will be 20 years of age this summer, good stature, technically sound, left footed, very good passing range.

I see Salzburg play mainly a 4-diamond-2 system and Sucic plays mainly as one of the two #8’s, but sometimes also as a #10. Has a contract until 2025.

I suspect long term, his future lies more with the “picture” in front of him, so he can use that vision and passing range. Which exact position and role, I don’t know.

2 Likes

A right sided version of Thiago??

Livramento as a backup for Trent
Nunez if Salah is sold
A DM backup as an option if Fabinho has a bad game or is sometimes outnumbered by 4 vs 3 as was the case with City at the Etihad

Livramento will cost a bomb and left Chelsea because he wasn’t getting a game ahead of Reece James. He’s not going to come here to backup Trent.

I like Nunez but he’s a right footed centre forward, not a left footed right winger.

5 Likes

Thank you

Casemiro is a twat. no thanks.

1 Like

From the albeit limited highlights I’ve seen of him if we want athleticism in the midfield then he is not the answer.

2 Likes

Been thinking of Hendo becoming the new (old?) Ribena boy.