Who would you buy?

:rotating_light: NEW: Liverpool have opened talks with RB Salzburg striker Karim Adeyemi’s representatives over a move to Anfield in the summer transfer window. ⁣

Borussia Dortmund now have a basic agreement in place to sign Adeyemi, but the deal is far from complete and they face competition. Liverpool are still in talks with the players representatives and a move to Anfield is certainly not out of the question.⁣

Dortmund remain in pole position for Adeyemi’s signature, but no deal has been agreed and Liverpool are keen to try and derail a potential move for the promising striker. #LFC [sky sports austria]

1 Like

Adeyemi would be a brilliant signing. Him and Tchouameni in the summer and then Bellingham in 2023 :+1:

Interesting.

Maybe Dortmund’s position pretty much depends on the sale of Haaland.

Though his clause should be early enough for Dortmund to proceed with Adeyemi.

But who knows.

I don’t believe that report at all, IMO that’s been planted to create more urgency for Dortmund to change their stance on something particular in negotiations, whatever that may be.

And much as I like the player, which we’ve talked about several times here, I don’t think he’s at all ready for a Liverpool move. Dortmund is about as perfect a move as he could hope for at this stage of his career. It’s a perfect natural progression for his age and skills.

7 Likes

I could see something like this being the case - I’m not sure we’ve gone for players Dortmund are in the lead on signing since Klopp joined have we?

3 Likes

I got a semi reading that!

1 Like

Think Klopp made a gentleman’s agreement with Dortmund not to go for the same players after he left.

Also negotiations between Dortmund and that Adeyemi have stalled, so we are definitely just being thrown in to get Dortmund to up the wages or agent fee.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Well… for the sake of feelgood factor and the spirit of this thread: hell yes! It’s on…!

2 Likes

Nunez would mean one of Bobby, Mane, Salah leaving I’d think.

Also this…

3 Likes

Sounds like one to avoid.

Talk about mood killers…

2 Likes

Those three knee injuries would be a defo no for me.

2 Likes

So he’s saying that apart from being in shit in possession and in passing the ball, a dreadful first touch , being constantly caught offside and not great in the air and a concerning injury record Nunez is really good.

3 Likes

kit kat chocolate GIF

2 Likes

I don’t think Mr Taisto, whoever he is, can expect a Christmas card from the Nunez family this year.

1 Like

You sometimes wonder what the world is coming to and you run to your safe places - such as this thread - only for the likes of @Draexnael and @ZinedineBiscan to completely kill what’s left of your good mood. Gee, thanks a lot, guys! One would think that a player absolutely bossing it against our club over two Champions League legs isn’t enough for him to succeed at our club (and don’t anyone dare use Minamino against me)!

Edit: having read the remaining posts in this thread, I’m adding @anon27364116 to that list!

2 Likes

On the flip side, I’ve seen a rumour that we’re interested in Adeyemi, who I think would be an excellent option to understudy Mo before eventually succeeding him.

Trust the club, they know what they’re doing.

Let the likes of United keep spunking £70m+ on big names who they shortly discover aren’t what they thought they were getting.

4 Likes

I won’t be fooled by Adeyemi links - I’m aware that both clubs have a good relationship with Salzburg but I really don’t believe for one second that a club that is as business-savvy as Dortmund will somehow let an allegedly top class young talent slip through their fingers. That sounds like classic agent talk to me.

I agree that the team probably need another forward, especially when Origi, Minamino and likely one of the front three leave. I wonder if Gordon will be fast-tracked, though, but he probably shouldn’t have any influence on club possibly making a move for a left winger or a centre forward.

1 Like

There was a snippet on one of the podcasts recently, regarding Nunez Darwin. One of the journalists they have on was saying he had asked about him to one of the Liverpool scouts and while the opinion at Liverpool is that he is a good player, he isn’t Liverpool quality.

3 Likes