Who would you buy?

Of our forwards, I would like Bobby to extend the most (although I want all 3 to). Such a unique character and joy to watch!!!

On midfield additions, I like the look of Jean Onana and with Bordeaux in relegation danger could be a cheap addition.

I think Bobby will stay but we won’t offer him a new contract and he will be allowed to leave on a free.

Perfection from Julian Ward would be to get Klopp, Salah, Keita and Mane to sign new contracts, to bring in Tchouameni and Carvalho in this summer and then agree deals for Bellingham and Nkunku for the 2023/24 season :grinning:

4 Likes

Well I can see we aren’t setting a high bar to consider Ward a success or anything…

4 Likes

Have seen many West Ham games in the last few years and I saw some very good things about Declan Rice but yesterday was the first time I’ve realized that he is pretty slow.

1 Like

I haven’t seen him that much, but I’ve never got the impression he’s slow…? From what I’ve seen it’s his physicality that could elevate him into a potential option for a top 4 club, I think he seems quite quick for a holding midfielder.

I think Rice is decently enough paced. Notice he doesn’t lose a lot of pace dribbling which is strange for a defensive player. Think he will be top class if not already.

1 Like

Rice is a good player. But let’s imagine a world where Rice is £100M+ and Tchouameni is half the price or a bit less. No more to say really.

Rice looks like a Man Utd sort of statement to me.

5 Likes

Their pursuit of a defensive midfielder might be a good early indicator of whether they started learning their lessons. I assume Ten Hag won’t be interested in big, expensive names just for the sake of it - he wouldn’t have become Ajax manager if that had been the case.

I just hope we continue finishing up our business early and efficiently. I think Konate was as good as done this time last year if I’m not mistaken, so I hope that we can steal a march on Tchouameni as well (if the club are really interested in him). It would be nice to add some of the best French talent of the next generation as those players usually pass us by (still haunted by Wenger’s successes and late Gerard’s failures in French transfer market, yeah).

2 Likes

There’s a reasonable chance we get Tchouameni and Carvalho this summer, with Bellingham joining in the next couple of years.

That would give so much stability for the next 10 years with Jones and Elliot already here.

Add David Carmo to our list of centre backs and maybe a youngish forward and we’re building a squad to rival the avengers.

7 Likes

Don’t know much about Carmo, don’t think I’ve seen him play, but I believe some are forgetting about Sepp Vanden Berg. I have watch him some the past couple seasons, and think he may be ready to make the move to our first team.

Many at PNE rate him as their best player this season, and from what I’ve seen, could not disagree. Tall, good with the ball at his feet, solid passer, and utterly dominant in the air. Been playing right side of a back three, so could likely play RB in a pinch.

I think with his size, technical ability, and aerial dominance, he fits the Klopp mold for a CB quite well.

6 Likes

Wasn’t Carmo meant to come on loan last season for 4 million and an obligation to buy that January??

Then broke his leg by our lad Luis. Wonder will we give him another season to see how he returns back from this injury. Or is he back already? If so, is he any good at that?

1 Like

Caleta Carr was the big one. Marseille seemed to be willing to deal, but wouldnt pull the trigger because they didnt have time to find their replacement.

5 Likes

Yeah remember that. How he doing now. Wiki says Carmos manager pulled the plug on his deal and convinced him due to not being able to get a replacement

The more I see him (though that’s not too often), the happier I am that we didn’t sign him.

1 Like

Is Maxwell Cornet from Burnley worth a loan with an option to buy assuming they go down? Not sure how good he really is but seem decent at times? They will be in financial difficulties if they go down so would need to sell / loan players.

I like Cornet quite a bit but he’s not at Liverpool level. And again that’s no disrespect, I like him as a player.

He plays almost exclusively from the left so he would never find minutes here.

Also, even if Burnley go down I can’t see them selling off Cornet. Alan Pace was personally involved in getting that transfer done and he absolutely adores the player.

I think it’ll be another relatively quiet summer for us with us looking to target youth for development but here’s my wish list for the summer.

Either Bissouma (long time admirer) or Tielemans (100% cert to leave, wants a CL club)
Darwin Nunez after watching against us, he’s quick strong great movement and easy on the eye,
& Someone to really push Trent, I like the look of Zelik of Lille from the Ligue 1/CL highlight shows I’ve seen…also really like both Tariq Lamptey & Tino Livramento if we needed to go for homegrown.

1 Like

1 down, Ramsay looking very likely and Tchouameni as a potential. Shaping up for a great summer. I’d like to add Gomez renewing, alongside Mane, Salah and Bobby (2 year deal).

Squad would look something like;

Alisson / Kelleher

Trent / Ramsay – Konate / Matip – Van Dijk / Gomez – Robertson / Tsimikas

Keita / Elliot / Henderson – Fabinho / Tchouameni – Thiago / Jones / Carvalho

Salah / Minamino – Mane / Firmino – Diaz / Jota

With us working on deals for Nkunku and Bellingham for next summer.

I watched Tielmans again this weekend…no thanks. Seems all he does is give the ball away. Nowhere near good enough. Tchouameni for me, but I’d be fine with Bissouma

2 Likes

What’s happened about Bissouma’s off field issues?