Who would you buy?

I might as well open up the Champions League thread then. Nothing else to talk about…

Sure, why not. Good fun.

Oblak (Atletico)
Mazraoui (Ajax)
Koulibaly (Napoli)
Bastoni (Inter)
Cucurella (Brighton)
Bellingham (Dortmund)
Brozovic (Inter)
Barella (Inter)
Son (Tottenham)
Kane (Tottenham)
Diaz

I mean…I don’t necessarily feel amazing about that back four. But my knowledge isn’t great these days.

2 Likes

Oblak (A. Madrid)
De Ligt (Juve)
Bonucci (Juve)
Lucas Hernandez (A. Madrid)
Son (Spurs)
Bellingham (Dortmund)
Rice (West Ham)
Diaz (Liverpool)
Kane (Spurs)
Immobile (Lazio)
Schick (Bayer 04)

3-4-3

Some of the exciting players that might just be a level or two down from the hype of Haaland and Mbappe that would be tipped to move on sooner or later:

1. Jonathan David - Lille has a very bad season compared to their title winning ones but he has kept up with his scoring feats…I think its hard to see him not wanted by top teams around Europe and especially that he is also they key person for the Canadian world cup team I would think. Lille in their current position and their usual modus operandi, would be willing to sell for anything between 30-40mil I guess.

2. Jeremy Doku - just still 19 years old. exciting pacy player but the only concern is his output and goals are nowhere his exciting plays reminding of plenty of such players along the years…but he has plenty of time to learn from the best. Rennes had a pretty good season so either they will not be willing to sell or it would become a great portfolio booster for Doku.

3. Dominik Szoboszlai - Good player since the Salzburg days but I always wondered whether he is the kind of ‘Coutinho’ midfielder, where he can disappear for long periods of time and come up only with moments of brilliance… but I don’t watch him at all so cannot comment much.

4. Sanches - seem look to be a move last season for some reason still in Lille. Perhaps his attitude is still under question as people remember his Munich and PL days…but with Lille again in a bad season, there would be clubs who might want to make a move for him.

Personally other than Tchoumeni, there would be plenty of such players I am sure our scouts have been looking at and to unearth the next Jota, Diaz, Fabinho, Robertson blah blah blah…at great value.

5 Likes
  • Díaz and Carvalho are ‘replacements’ for Origi and Minamino

• Tchoumeni upgrade on the Ox

• It’s been reported that we are very close to signing Calvin Ramsey - young right-back from Aberdeen

Guess the rest depends on if one of Firmino, Salah or Mané leaving this summer already and if Joe Gomez wants to leave.

4 Likes

where do all of these Minamino rumors come from? Did I miss a news bulletin he wants to leave?

I’d take Renato Sanches in the midfield, Lautaro Martinez up front. back line seems pretty sorted ATM.

I see Elliott as our next RW.

but I’m barely watching these days. I didn’t even see the last two matches.

2 Likes

The interesting thing about him is he is rated highly enough that it’s possible our prusuit of him is just about landing a top player once he becomes available, rather than viewing him as a solution to a gap we need to fill. I think our squad is good enough now that we might do a bit of the former, but I could also understand the club viewing it as a position most of need of strengthening this summer. It will be interesting to see who we do bring in should this link not come to fruition.

1 Like

Lautaro signed a new deal with Inter a few months ago.

1 Like

I was disappointed to read that

There should be a decent amount to spend this window. Not like the club spent large last season. Reaching the Champions League final will probably account for another £30m or so on top of last season. Plus more if we win and qualify for the Super Cup and Club World Cup. Grounds full the entire season. Uplift in commercial deals.

We have a top team but still it can be improved and likewise maintain our level. Adding a top quality midfielder, ideally another top forward perhaps in replace of Firmino. Not so sure he’ll go though. Outside that then another right back.

Real shame Bissouma turned out to be a bit of a scumbag. Would have been a good alternative to Tchouameni and cheap too with only a year left on his contract. Don’t think Sangare has the athleticism our midfield needs if he is indeed our second choice.

1 Like

Chris Hemsworth Movie GIF by NETFLIX

3 Likes

Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Are we gone cold on Bowen now?

Can’t see it unless Mo leaves. Too expensive to be a bench warmer.

1 Like

I think everyone can see that Bowen is a good player, but the main objection lots have expressed is the probable lack of value. West Ham would want a king’s ransom, at which point many other players come into view.

The time to buy Bowen was a little while ago when he was making his move upwards, and the next time to buy might be when his current deal is winding down. Never say never, but I think it would be surprising now.

3 Likes

I agree…seems like a bad value at this point

From Mane’s comments, it appears he could be leaving, just did not want to announce it before the CL final. If that is the case, I’m hoping we go in for Darwin Nunez. He is definitely speedy and has the physical attributes to thrive in the PL.
With Nunez together with Jota, Diaz, Salah and Bobby we should be well stocked with forward options.

4 Likes

Would perhaps leave us a little light on wing options, although maybe Carvalho solves that. We’re in such a good position now with options across the front line, nicely balanced, mostly positionally versatile players.

Mo has been very quiet since the AFCON. Will he ever get back to his best ? I would like to think so but am not confident. It looks like Sadio is most likely to leave which is a shame but who can blame him when he is only on about half of Mo´s salary.