Who would you buy?

Given the success of Luis Diaz I wonder if we will dip back into the Portuguese market and look at Pedro Goncalves from Sporting.

3 Likes

We can put Chamberlain in the deal, of course with loads of cash as well (but better than paying in full cash).

Is Neco staying or we using Bradley or this Aberdeen lad?
New Midfielder or even two tbh if Naby goes and Millie and Ox
New forward option ideally a striker.

Don’t know who but that’s a transfer window similar to last time we lost in the CL final

Looking forward to hearing Tyler and co. pronounce Gonçalves in fifty different ways, all incorrect.

5 Likes

Gonchalvey. goal. Oh. Liverpool score.

Gone calves. Scored. Liverpool lead united. For heaven’s sake.

Bastard. It’s Joncalvez again.

Oh fuck off. It’s pedro Gonnychalfs. He’s got another.

2 Likes

Looks like Lewandowski is offski out of Munich and wants to go to Barca (reportedly agreed a 3 year deal with them).

Not going to lie, I’d be up for us signing him on for a couple of years - proven goal scorer, knows Klopp, knows Thiago, will get CL football. Would soften the blow of losing Mane if he leaves (who’s excelled at CF), and we can then go buy the next rough diamond.

One issue is his age, and whether he has enough in his legs to play in the PL, the other how much he would want.

1 Like

I am sure Lewandowski (unless he joins Barca and they destroy him like they did with many other players) will still be scoring goals in his late 30s.

Feels like he has never been injured in his career and takes care of his body like Cristiano and Salah for example.

1 Like

Cheeky bid on Harry Kane coming into last few years of contract??

No No No GIF

2 Likes

We probably all have weird biases toward a player that you‘ve only seen them play a handful of times and it just so happens that those games they were having a worldie. (Or biased against probably good players just because they are pants the few times you watched them)

Well every time I’ve watched Patrick Schick for club and country he’s done the business. It would be a very different player than Mane but I think if we switched to a 4-2-3-1 he’d score bucket loads for us. Gives us the ability to switch up how we attack based on our opponents.

1 Like

Imagine Merson trying to say it!

1 Like

Liverpool have held talks with Harry Kane
according to The Anfield Wrap

1 Like

I heard he is razor sharp

2 Likes

Was Kane trying to claim the golden boot by combining Sons’ and his PL goals together and in talks to see if Mo could hand the trophy over?

Ricky Gervais Ct GIF by NETFLIX

1 Like

This seems ludicrous - for starters surely we can’t afford his fee and wages?!

2 Likes

Depends. What if Nike…

Exit Strategy Office GIF by Gaming GIFs

1 Like

Depends on what Spurs’s demand as a fee and whether there is some buyout type clause. I do wonder if they would be amenable to selling as they now have CL football…but rhe fact he contributes around 20 goals a season or more and is the national star forward makes me doubt they would be keen to let him go without it being a huge fee…(and the Diaz saga fee :wink:)

Wages would probably be fine. His options for moving are probably limited now Utd have fallen back out of CL places and city have Haaland and the other guy coming in. Rumours in the paper last week suggested he was looking for a new deal at Spurs.

2 Likes

Kane’s going nowhere - he’s got CL football with Spurs and likes Conte.

3 Likes

100% this, they’ve also announced that they have 150m to spend and are going to back Conte, doesn’t come across as a club looking to sell it’s talisman.

2 Likes