Who would you buy?

@deneb I’m having the same thoughts about Bellingham. Would be great, don’t think it happens.

I do think the Nunez signing kind of throws everything up in the air, thinking a year ahead, with a potential formation change on the cards. Or rather, more variation.

1 Like

There is ton of upside to that midfield unit, especially if you consider Carvalho as a member of it, but it also feels like a good amount has to go right for it to be sufficient. You’re betting on sustained fitness from Thiago and Hendo, sustained fitness and form from Naby, and continued progression from Jones and Elliott. Not too many of those have to not be place at the same time for the options to all of sudden appear pretty bare.

8 Likes

Probably should mention Fabinho as well. First choice now seems to be fab, Thiago, Hendo. The naby, Milner, Elliot, jones is reserve - assuming Carvalho is considered a forward.

We don’t need numbers, assuming we believe Jones and Elliot will reach the level the team needs. Otherwise, it’s finding an available player who is clearly better than those two.

Oh yeah…Fabinho :rofl:

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

I’m thinking of the scene from Ocean’s 11 with Clooney and Pitt, where Clooney concludes they need one more.

I like to think Klopp and Lijnders had a chat like that, looking at the midfield options.

2 Likes

I like the scene of Arry needing “two more” on deadline day with 15 minutes left in the window.

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Kalvin Phillips would be an ideal addition but sadly it looks like he will end up at City. I am sure LFC will have another midfielder in mind, maybe Sangare ?

He’s just had almost an entire season out injured, it would be really reckless to drop a lot of money on him at this point. Only really makes sense if money is literally meaningless…

City then?

4 Likes

You mean like Everton? Alli and van de Beek?

There are three incoming guys in now. The issue is whether we go for a stop gap or an improvement w.r.t midfield.

Personally i would get one dm in the first team to provide bench strength. If there is a clear run at Sangare , go for it. I saw him vs leicester but it was a leicester which was bereft of confidence then.

Finally , theres someone in monaco’s coaching cum scouting system which leads them to identify and improve defensive midfielders. Get hold of them and then build our own.

1 Like

I think that will largely be dependent on who is available this summer. We were clearly pushing the boat out for one this summer, just missing out to Real Madrid for his signature, which suggests the club are wanting to bring someone in. We just don’t know who else is on that list and if they would be available this year.

1 Like

I think a lot of us have advocated that we would shift to a 4-2-3-1 system this year primarily because of the hiring of carvalho and nunez.

If thats the case , we might still manage the next season. But klopp knowing his philosophy feels that a 3 man midfield beats a 2 cm midfield anyday. He has been on record with stating this.

Depends on whether the #10 role which firmino / carvalho / keita are asked to be is more of a #8 and a half. Those ppl are still needed to help out in defense.

If its a double pivot being asked for… The likes of fab / thiago / henderson / milner / jones are more than enough for this season atleast.

We would need to replace ox and also gini. Yes , we got thiago but there are still a lot of midfielders who would need replacement come the end of the next season with milly most likely off and the core fab/hendo/thiago midfield ageing. Makes sense to get an understudy in now.

Ideally one academy guy to step up… Morton and one affordable understudy.

We will have the funds. Of that there is no doubt.

Konate 1,94m
VvD 1,93m
Fabinho 1,88m
Nunez 1,87m

Aearial domination.

Hope we will bring in Bellingham (1,86m) next season.

I need a rosetta stone to help me decipher this sorcery

2 Likes

Don’t forget Joel 1.95m in height

3 Likes

6’4”
6’3”
6’2.5”
6’2”

2 Likes

If we are after Ibrahim Sangaré, he is 1.91m

what is more important is that if he has a recovery pace and the reading of the game…