Who would you buy?

Been watching PSV vs Arsenal for the last 10 minutes and this Xavi Simons looks top quality.

With Ajax being shit last night, and Simons bossing this game, maybe @Dutch knows what he’s talking about after all!

Simons and Timber are the 2 real Dutch talents at this moment

1 Like

Where does he play?

Eindhoven

3 Likes

I mean which position.

1 Like

Was kidding :smile:

Attacking midfield, centrally

I was willing to concede this summer that he was better than Barca were treating him and it was primarily money concerns that was making them try to force him out, and since he was still there he would be the ready made Busquets replacement they need. However, they look even more certain that Busquets needs to be replaced ASAP and Frenkie still isn’t seen as the guy to do that. He is playing a decent amount, but not in a settled position and certainly isnt staking a claim to staying.

A lot like Griezemann, what I see with this guy is a really nice player who never quite looks like he’s playing to his potential, with people excusing that due to a list of reasons that arent his fault. Mostly that he’s being used incorrectly. It’s difficult to get straight answers though on what being used correctly means, and why managers of good sides never want to play than in that role.

Simons is 7.

Why I ask, because I remember on paper that he’s an attacking midfielder in general, but noticed sometimes that he plays as a foward for PSV now.

He looks like a typical Barca style number 8, great in tight spaces, but has real pace too.

Granted, I only saw about 30 minutes, so still another 870 to go, but he was very impressive.

4 Likes

He’s supposedly got a big IG following. Couple that with Amortization and the signing pays for itself.

2 Likes

How did Gakpo play? he’s got 27 goals/assists already this season!

He looked good, but then so did everyone from PSV really. Sangare as well.

1 Like

He scores 90% of his goals in the Dutch MM competition or against Zürich who are even worse. Is invisible against Rangers or Arsenal when the ‘big’ players show themselves.

If we want a Dutch player we should go for Timber and put him in midfield where he belongs.

1 Like

Coincidence? :wink:

3 Likes

No buy Timber.

1 Like

Also Simons has a buyback clause with PSG

Yes and he is not the down to earth we are looking for Timber is …

Considering that our last midfield targets were Aurélien Tchouameni and Moisés Caicedo, I think we will prioritize a similar player.

We need at least two midfielders

I’m sure the stats guys are on it but Mel Reddy said the reason Tchouameni was so appealing to us was because his profile was a mixture of Thiago and Fabinho. Such a shame we didn’t get him.

1 Like