Who would you buy?

We were also after Mkhitaryan, Willian, Douglas Costa, and most recently Tchouameni.

Pretty sure we have other irons in the fire other than Bellingham

2 Likes

I think this is the right response to that question, but do you not see how it also negates your own point? How can you possibly know what the club is spending its energy on when it is one you acknowledge is very tight lipped about its plans.

2 Likes

Because its patently obvious Bellingham is on our list at the very top in bold and highlighted!

I’m not talking twitter ITKs here, Pearce, Reddy, Joyce etc. Have all wrote multiple pieces saying he’s our number one target.

I hope the lessons of Tchouameni have been learnt, or we going to ask “was he really on our list”…

1 Like

Him being our #1 target is not the same thing as us spending all our energy on him.

2 Likes

With the potential of champions league and seeing our current league form I’d expect Klopp has had to buy a family season pass to Blackpool Pleasure beach…

I’d get a Merlin pass…there’s only so many times you can go to Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Not sure how substantive the talk around Gravenberch is, but he could hit a very high level.

Gravenberch, Kone, Thuram, Ugarte, Caicedo, Bellingham…

Lots of others too. I will be very disappointed if we don’t sign two very good midfielders to instantly transform the engine room.

I think we will.

2 Likes

Ideally in addition to the contract expiries we should also move on Fabinho and get Ugarte and two more (3 in total).

1 Like

I would be more than fine with that.

There might not be a long list for Fabinho. Presumably other teams can see what we can see!

1 Like

Yes Fabinho out. Let’s sell Elliott too. Who needs injury free players?

The amount of rest Fabinho needs to be effective…might as well be injured.

Also, Elliott can only operate effectively in midfield if he has adequate cover from the other two in a 3. We can probably work with that provided we get the right two midfielders in the summer

Looking at that link and his list of latest matches the only thing i’d be worried about is suspensions. He has yellows in almost all the games and once he gets here he’ll get a yellow for breathing on the opposition like most of our players do. I can pretty much guarantee Ugarte would not be treated like Fernandinho. Other than that though he looks like just what we need.

Goal
Alisson, new GK, Adrian (one year contract extension)

RB
Alexander-Arnold, Ramsay

CB
VvD, Konate, new CB (£25-35m), Matip, Gomez

LB
Robertson, Tsimikas

CM
Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho, Jones, Bajcetic, Elliott, Bellingham, 2nd new CM (comfortable to play the #6 in different formations, but also as a #8), Mount (#8, #10 and versatile in attack)

Attack
Salah, Nunez. Diaz, Jota, Gakpo, Carvalho

Sell
Kelleher, Nat, Rhys

No Milner extension for me.

Any experienced free agent (or with one year left on the contract) right backs we could go for?

Milner? (if we release him, that is)

Don’t need a player who hates to play that position.

Do you realy think Fabs performances over the last 12 months have been good enough for us?

FIFY

Yeah, come corrections would be probably needed to that because…

1. Don’t know where we’d find the money for all of that, even with CL football.
  2. Don’t know how Klopp would manage the squad dynamic with so many players.
1 Like

Out
Kelleher, Nat, (Rhys), Milner, Ox, Naby, Arthur, Bobby

In
new GK, new CB, Bellingham, 2nd new CM, Mount

Glasses Calculate GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

1 Like