Who would you buy?

U23s.

He’s not good enough really but probably the next in line.

2 Likes

Since when did This Is Anfield become a “This Is Anfield understands…”?

:joy:

7 Likes
  1. Select “Sky Sports” text
  2. Press CTRL + X
  3. Type in “This is Anfield”.

Done.

7 Likes

Alaba in the Summer makes sense IMO.

We could easily fulfill his wage demands without making him top earner.

He could replace Wijnaldum in midfield. Could be another very good option as CB and he used to be one of the best LBs in the world.

2 Likes

Whilst I appreciate that he could provide cover, that’s the last thing I’d be concerned with when it comes to signing a defender (to be midfield cover). Even if Gini goes, there’s a long list of replacements before you’d look to a defender surely?

I’d like us to sign him though, if possible, but for being a defender first and foremost.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bring in Alaba as a defender, he doesn’t have the right traits for the way Klopp utilises his CBs and should only be an emergency option there. And Robertson is a world class LB with Tsimikas decent cover. Alaba is a great CM though who would fit the way Klopp uses his CMs like a glove. Him, Thiago and Henderson covering 2 roles between them would be incredibly strong and top class. Allowing rotation and missed games whilst always maintaining top quality. Not sure I see it happening but it would be good if it did.

2 Likes

Have to agree with @AnfieldRdDreamer for once :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Alaba always wanted to play in midfield and we could offer him that.

As a CB he would be 4th or 5th choice with Gomez in my book.

3 Likes

Milner 2.0?

I’d take that.

5 Likes

Sounding pretty good to me, Gini replacement who can also provide cover across the defence? Just what we need.

3 Likes

Say a centre half is about 30 million for us. Why can’t we splash that cash now. Then sell Origi, Grujic, Grabara, Awoniyi. Surely that could make 30 million if not more and the wages aswell to cover.

1 Like

Sure. That makes sense.

But who’s buying? That’s the problem. The club were trying to offload these lads in summer, but no-one was interested in a permanent deal.

Nobody (apart from a few sugar daddy clubs) has much cash knocking around. Everyone is being cautious.

6 Likes

So you are saying it’s a buyers market?

Aren’t you?

1 Like

:joy:

3 Likes

We do all that then don’t spend much in the summer and ever single fan is asking where the money from those sales is gone.
Club can’t win sometimes.

3 Likes

If Lovren was still here…

Be careful what we wish for.

1 Like

Haaland before someone snaps him up… But I doubt we will deal with Mino Raiola…

Our billionaire owners are too poor to buy anyone. :upside_down_face:

As Virgil and Joe G are our mainstay CB’s, collate a list of CB’s/defenders who are available by either free transfer or genuine sale…ask do you want to play for LFC, you may not have many games April/May time, but you will be a valued member of our team…see who applies…(.do I sound as if I’m grasping at straws)anything to help our CBS and midfield

1 Like

I hope come the summer if Mbappe is out of our price range we go all out of Haaland, time to get in a player who scores every type of goal… Might even get on the end of those crosses we hit at around 7 foot!

I get Salah scores, he really does, but we need more options… Salah takes a ridiculous amount of shots for his goals, we need a player that given 1 sniff they score, not 5.

3 Likes