Who would you buy?

After the last week and after the Dom transfer I wouldn’t second guess.

Might be worth scouring that list of 67 midfielders they are probably on there.

1 Like

There are loads of options tbh. None as good as Caicedo, or as talented as Lavia, but plenty a level or two below.

1 Like

I still expect we will get the Lavia deal done anyhow.

This is it nobody pre-empted the Dominik Szoboszlai deal or the Caicedo bid. But are now panicking there is nobody else on the list.

3 Likes

If he still loves us … :sunglasses:

I was perfectly fine getting him instead of Caicedo until the strange happenings of Thursday and Friday. If we somehow manage to get Lavia and a backup CB that would be grand …

1 Like

All we’ve heard is he is still keen, I have no doubt we are keeping dialogue with him.

2 Likes

It’s not so much panic as it is genuine curiosity about what we’d do if we missed on Lavia too.

That DM position group is pretty uninspiring after you get past those that’d be unattainable right now.

No doubt we’ll do something but I genuinely look around and wonder who.

He’d cost a bomb now but stats wise Doucoure at Crystal Palace looks a solid option. I was all in on Caicedo though so anyone else would be a let down :clown_face:

What did they quote a few weeks back? 70m

Might be worth a shot at 60m

Question, really, is would you rather have:

Moises for 111, window done.

Or

Lavia plus Adams for 75, and maybe a lower cost CB.

Or

Lavia for 55, and have another 55 or so left for a more in demand CB option to be named later.

???

Zubimendi

Probably the third.

I don’t feel the need to over load in the centre we have enough with Bajectic in support as well.

However one of our back line is getting older and I’d like to look for a hot talent who can come through and ultimately replace him over time.

Also was impressed with Bobby Clark so I think the CM could be pretty much sorted for a few years.

3 Likes

Trinidade? We have to pay extra to prise him away now as opposed to Jan but we can do that

Interesting shout. There was a lot of talk in the spring about him making a move but sociedad dont even seem to have had to fend off any interest to keep him.

1 Like

That was earlier in the summer but he sees Xabi Alonso as an idol

1 Like

Get him in now but send him back till Jan.

We should have enough to buy Lavia , Trindade and then a CB.

2 Likes

Zubimendi looks nice if we miss out on Lavia. He’s got similar size to Lavia at 5’11. He’s 24 and has a hefty amount of starting team experience for Sociedad - over 100 games started in La Liga. He’s also somewhat of an ironman playing over 3100 minutes last season.

He also compares favorably to Fabinho last season - winning a similar number of tackles 59 vs 65 but winning a higher percentage of those tackles 53% vs Fabinho’s 38%.

FBRef stats comparison: Player Comparison: Martín Zubimendi vs. Fabinho | FBref.com

The question - is he even on Liverpool’s radar, how much would he cost, and is he willing to move to England and the Premier League?

PS I found out that Zubimendi has a 53m pound release clause which is pretty much a bargain in today’s crazy DM market!

Article: Arsenal target Martin Zubimendi makes Barcelona transfer decision with huge summer claim - football.london

This is going to be interesting few days because we have kept a bid in for a player who didnt want to come to us and hoped FFP would mean CFC couldnt bid for him but they have sucker punched us by (looking like) buying both.

We really need to get a move on and get a top quality No 6 in because as per yesterday (just seen the highlights) and all pre-season we are so easy to create chances against and lose control of games easily. Wont win anything like that.

What we gonna do eh LFC???

…and kicked FFP in the nuts while they were at it…with zero repercussions is seems.

1 Like

LFC seem to be the only ones worried about FFP. Although I did hear Newcastle owner say they are restricted by it this summer.
As I said earlier - the moment Moses said he preferred Chav FC I just hope the club wasnt sitting there hoping he would change his mind and was sorting out other targets.