Who would you buy?

Huge difference in standards between club football at a top club compared to the national team tactically etc even if the national team has better players than the club. Pogba looked a world beater with france. Look at his performances for Utd.

posts brian GIF

Another reminder why I’ve only visited this thread a handful of times since 2006.

big unit.

i wonder if there are any warning signs from a career longevity POV when players are that massive

It didn’t seem to bother Peter Crouch or Jan Koller. Totally different builds as well. Crouch looked like he had been stretched out whereas Koller looked normally proportioned until you saw him next to an ordinary human being.

1 Like

It could be an issue if there’s a recurring injury. But Toure atleast seems proportionate

Haven’t heard Liverpool being in for him at any time.

I think most of his ball carrying comes with the fact that the opposition players are too scared to even attempt to tackle him. Helps if he’s 5-6 inches taller than Virgil / Konate (who are big units themselves)

1 Like

This is Fred alongside Konate who’s 6’4.

Just imagine some guy who’s 5 inches taller.

Waiting for LFC to sign someone like…

2 Likes

This is “who would you buy”.

Exactly. I would buy him for the bantz anytime

Sadly Fred left.

Who would you buy if say Salah left for 150MP?

Kvara from Napoli.

1 Like

My choice as well…we better start laying the groundwork early doors as the Saudis will be back next summer, if not this winter.

1 Like

Vinicius Junior, Leao, Kvaratskhelia, Rodrygo – all excellent options. However, it’s highly improbable that Vinicius Junior will leave Real, and the same likely applies to Rodrygo. Mbappe looks set to join Real, so that might cloud things, but not something to count on.

Excluding those two, Leao and Kvaratskhelia stand out as strong contenders. Johan Bakayoko is also reputed to be highly regarded. Unless there’s another emerging talent on the horizon, these players appear to be the top choices.

Leao has a release caluse i believe. Kvaratskhelia is angling for one in a new contract allegedly.

Groundwork will certainly need to be done.

2 Likes

Yup I certainly would start preparing a move for Jan for that position and CB.

Even if it’s what they did with Gakpo and Dias and brought them in.

I don’t think we will get much less for Salah if we sold him now or next summer or Winter.

They want him so expect a bidding war.

1 Like

Yep. PSG losing Mbappe potentially/Neymar gone/Messi gone so they have money to burn and need a big name to arrive.

In an ideal world we keep Salah until end of season. Get a bidding war between PSG and Saudi and push a fee of 130m +??

Then go for that Georgian lad at Napoli imo or Vinicus Jr.

Vinicius is an absolute pipe dream. That move is never going to happen.

1 Like

That rules out a move to Everton then.