Who would you buy?

Hendo needs to start his management papers…wouldn’t mind a management team of Hendo, Millie and Stevie G…I dream

1 Like

Someone like Sergio Ramos and Luis Suárez. Being nice & fair can only get us this far. We need some thuggish and sly characters in addition to the usual skills.

Sounds good in theory but some of the stuff we get penalised for compared to other clubs there’s no chance they would be able to act like they can without missing more games through bans than they play.

1 Like

No my friend. Yeah, they will try our resolve, that’s for sure. But once we get the elbow here and stamp there going, they will turn to pussies that they are.

I mean nothing will be unpunished. What does get straight reds and 3 match bans on the pitch will via VAR. Salah and Mane can be kicked and pulled all over the place but anytime a player of ours so much as does a fair but aggressive tackle or bumps into their back we give away freekicks and penalties. Players like that need to go to the likes of United who get away with that shit.

1 Like

Whoever is statistically like Kante, buy him… Get some steel and energy back into the midfield.
Whoever scores goals, like Haaland, buy him. Get a proper no.9 who is ruthless and a flat track bully.

We miss the players with the fight, Milner/Hendo are coming to the end of the line or already beyond it… Need some right little twats, who hate to lose, who take it personally. A 24 year old Suarez would be lovely.

1 Like

I hate the lad with a passion but I take Grealish in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

Not to mention his fathers’ career being ended in a premeditated attack by the captain of Utd

4 Likes

Yep, I know footballers don’t see things the way fans do and it’s more a job to them but it would still be the most shocking move he could make. Maybe if United were still the dominant force they were winning trophies every year along with the ridiculous wages they pay now. But this United? Who are talking about trying to get their wages under control again and aren’t a sure thing for success? If its all about the money there’s other options than them and if it’s even partially about the sporting project there’s better than them. Even if he’s a total mercenary City and PSG are more appealing than them in my book. Guaranteed trophies in exchange for a historical club. What he would probably want (pretty obvious really) is the mega money, the liklihood of success and the historical club. And he’ll be able to be picky in 2022 when most top clubs will be able to afford the release clause.

1 Like

I cant talk about who I’d buy without discussing those I’d love to see gone

OUT
One of Matip OR Gomez( too injury prone, they can be gimp somewhere else)
Two of Shaq OR Ox OR Naby( Again injury prone, they can do that elsewhere)
Adrian
Rhys Williams(Nations League)
Phillips(CHampionship quality)
Origi
Milner( too old and making too much, move on finally to Leeds)

IN
One of Fofana OR Upamecano OR to a lesser extent Tarkowski
One of Maddison OR Barnes
Zaha
Declan Rice
Minamino given a fair shot in his natural position

Thinking about if we didn’t make CL and are in real financial trouble having to claw back revenues.

Would a 3421 make sense with Curtis Jones and Pedro Goncalves as the two behind Salah backed up by Jota be possible? Trying to make best out of a bad situation? Minamino, Wilson and Elliott could be the back ups for the two. Three at the back with Fabinho and Gomez either side of VvD, Davies purely back up. Should still be able to attract a Caleta-Car or Botman type if Kabak doesn’t convince and then a pure back up type added maybe Ajer or Adarabioyo if Fulham are relegated? The wing backs sorted. Henderson, Thiago and Milner plus one new good CM and either Keita or a second new CM.

That’s about as unambitious as I can allow myself when it comes to bringing players in, we are still Liverpool and even if we have to sell a lot to balance the books and we’re in the EL many (particularly younger) players would jump to come here.

If we then made CL for the following season we should then have the room on the books and the finances clear to add someone like Haaland.

1 Like

One ‘positive’ on missing out on CL could be that we will see if there is a ‘bad apple’ in the squad.

Who would push for a move after everything this squad has went through instead of trying to make things right next season.

1 Like

Klopp:

„If a player doesn’t want to come to us because we don’t play Champions League next year, I don’t want him."

2 Likes

I very much doubt there are any bad eggs in the squad.

4 Likes

What if Liverpool don’t qualify for Champions League next season? Jurgen Klopp:

"I know that we have loyalty of the players. It’s not a situation now where a player says to me: ‘Next year we don’t have Champions League so I have to leave’.

“That will not happen. I know them well enough for that not to happen because the club is in a different situation.

“It will not be an issue with new players, I can’t see that. We said it years back that if a player doesn’t want to come here because we don’t play Champions League next year then I don’t want them.

“And if a player wants to leave because we don’t have Champions League then I don’t want him.”

3 Likes

One consequence if there’s no Champions League next season could be an increase in premium to retain players. Wages offered could quite easily need to be higher.

Europa League is a second rate competition. The elite players and clubs play Champions League football. It’s a big step down and prestige, sponsorship, image rights and so forth can all play a factor.

Conversely, with Liverpool finishing the season anywhere between fifth and tenth and without any trophies, with forwards not being able to score if their lives depended on it and defenders not keeping clean sheets, the bonuses paid out to players will be probably at the minimum since 2017, so there’s plenty of money to be saved for new signings. :wink:

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

8 Likes

Lots of possibilities :open_mouth:

The possibility for me is with no Europe next year I want the FA Cup. And I mean it, I think it’s a great prize and one that is attainable next season given we have the squad and not the extra games in Europe.

2 Likes

What i think we need to do this summer is to bring in

2 CBs to cover the not yet replaced Lovren and the injury prone Matip who should be let off this summer.1 of Davies or Kabak could be included in the 2 but a permanent partner for VvD is needed.

A MF to replace the departing Wijnaldum along with bringing back Elliott.

A forward to add a real alternative to the front line.

Let go off Adrian,Matip,Phillips,Kieta,Ox,Milner,Wijnaldum ,Minamino,Origi.

1 Like