Who would you buy?

I reckon we’ve missed the Haaland opportunity. We chose Minamino instead.

But yes I admit he is one hell of a player and whoever gets him (please not Utd) will exceed.

1 Like

Buying Minamino instead of Haaland is a true failure. I was very skeptical of that transfer from the beginning.

2 Likes

We already see how such “strong coverage” for DM position melted away quickly this season. With Rice - who is young and already very seasoned in Premier League, we most likely will never have to play Henderson as CB again.

In addition, buying a young star fits well with FSG value.

1 Like

I’d love to see Haaland here. Will be the New Ronaldo and Mbappe the next Messi type rivalry in my opinion. If that’s not worth spending 100 million even in this climate I don’t know what. How much will he make us inside 5 years with all this media coverage once CR7 and Messi retire will be well worth going into some sort of extra debt. Man United have been going into debt for years

1 Like

Minamino was scouted extensively and he ripped us to shreds at Anfield, one of the best performances from an away player I’ve seen in my life. There was logic in signing him, especially at that price. When it comes to Haaland, Man United couldn’t sign him with all of their financial power and their Norwegian manager, the boy wanted to play regularly and it’s not like he was a world beater at the time, even if he was a big talent. His rate of development at Dortmund is staggering, though, I was sceptical of him but the way he’s been playing and scoring since leaving Salzburg… Simply unreal.

3 Likes

Pitty he will cost a fortune now but Jude Bellingham is going to be a mega talent. Him and Eze at Palace will lockdown Englands midfield in a few years.

Think we tried to sign both.

3 Likes

Was quite impressed by him when I watch a few Palace matches. At his age, he seems confident enough and have ability to run the midfield.

3 Likes

Same, I believe we were interested but no way we would be paying £16mil sadly. Has that ability to glide over the pitch and away from players.

3 Likes
1 Like

I clearly rate Pulisic higher than other wide men we’ve been linked with (Zaha, Sarr, Traore…) but don’t think we need him or I don’t think that position is a priority.

We have enough versatile attackers. It’s time for an out an out CF imo.

Would even settle for someone similar to Giroud/Dzeko in their very early 30s.

2 Likes

We have Mane and Jota in Pulisic’s best position (and if he’s more like a #10 player, we don’t play with one). We don’t need him and Chelsea wouldn’t sell so quickly and to a direct rival. Plus, he’s got more evolution to do and prove he can stay fit for longer periods. Very dangerous 1v1, but needs to add final product.

Crap rumour over a picture with two people who know each other. Big deal.

1 Like

Don’t believe the rumour and don’t believe Chelsea would sell him to us. But Klopp would probably turn him into a great player. Used more like Klopp used Coutinho but a bit quicker than how he uses Mane and Jota. Maybe a player like that if we do switch more to a 4231, 442 diamond, 3412 or 4222 formation. But yet again I’m not sure I see Chelsea selling directly to us.

1 Like

Pulisic seems a bit too soft and easy to injure,we’ve been here before…

4 Likes

Been here? Mate we fucking live here! We’ve got a mortgage and everything we’re here to stay!

6 Likes

6 Likes

Big fan of Pulisic but any signings going forward need to be extremely durable and he just isn’t.

3 Likes

Durable and Liverpool FC don’t seem to be getting along well together.

1 Like

That’s not true, just ask Origi.

Who’s that???

1 Like

Reports of £600,000 per week in wages have been doing the rounds this week, a figure likely to not be too far from the truth given Mbappe’s employers Paris Saint Germain recently tied the Frenchman’s strike partner Neymark Jnr to a longer deal worth a reported £500,000 per week.

These are crazy numbers, numbers which pretty much narrow the scope for transfer to about two clubs; Manchester City and PSG.

Forget the transfer fee, Mbappe’s wages alone mean that we have absolutely no chance of signing him. :roll_eyes:

1 Like