Who would you buy?

Virgil’s already been offered an extension, not sure about the rest.

I think they’ll all be offered an extension with the exception of Ox.

Good point, as it’s normal to look at things 2 years in advance (contractually, but of course it was also said that we work looking at two transfer windows in advance) and slowly start making decisions what to do next with some of those players.

4 midfielders on that last, that’s also interesting. We already have Hendo a contract that will take him to the age of exactly 34 (shortly after his birthday). I think Fabinho will surely get an extension some time down the road. Up to Keita and especially Ox to merit more. Ox is maybe fighting a losing battle…

Looks like Aouar’s staying at Lyon.

If that’s the case, one to keep an eye on and potentially make a move if there’s another spot or two opening up in our midfield.

We’ll see.

6 Likes

Have long felt like he was gonna be Ginis long term successor

Age by end of the contract in June 2023

1. Keita 28
  2. Fabinho 29
  3. AOC 30
  4. Mane 31
  5. Salah 31
  6. Firmino 32
  7. Virgil 32
  8. Henderson 33

I think Keita, Fabinho, Henderson and Virgil will get extensions, taking them till 2025. But it worries me that all three of our attackers are peaking and nearing their contract ends at the same time.

I think I’d be tempted to make a move for Onana before the window shuts tomorrow evening.

Onana
Diop (or Upemecano next year)

Then leave it at that (looks like we’ll go with Origi still this year but then Jota’s at least ahead of him now).

1 Like
1 Like

Any goalkeeper available that can save a odd shot at goal.

2 Likes

We should buy the villa team.

4 Likes

I really don’t think the issue with Adrian is him saving stuff.

Comes with Grealish.

4 Likes

Sorry if posted but that account that called Thiago and Jota is saying Gazzaniga will be a Liverpool player tomorrow. That was quick to start the rumor mill churning. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bollocks. Think he’s also been saying Sarr as well?

Could be. I was just amazed we would be linked with another keeper that quickly. Personally I would be shocked if any keeper were brought in tomorrow. Unless Ali’s injury is much more serious.

Barkley as well? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Half time

Ring ring.

…Mickey, it’s Jurgen. Are you watching?

…Yeah. I’m on it, mate.

3 Likes

No no no no no…that’s just wrong.

2 Likes

His distribution is dreadful also.

1 Like

He can’t ping the ball about like Alisson, but few keepers can.

Adrian is a decent shot stopper and he’s not bad with the ball at his feet.

His big problem is that his concentration is not what it should be and he will do something mad once or twice a game.