Youth Transfers

Liverpool’s sonic youth. :wink:

3 Likes

Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Kaide Gordon from Derby County. Deal for Gordon, 16, is £1M+ guaranteed and could rise to £3m. Not signed yet but heading that way. An attacking midfielder, Gordon seen as one of the best at his age. [@mcgrathmike - @TeleFootball]

I think that money could have been better going towards Miltao on loan but some good news nonetheless

2 Likes

Looks like he’s a left footer, able to play anywhere between the lines?

1 Like

Yeah seen somewhere that he could play in the attacking mid role and out wide. Rooney said he was the hardest working player when called up to the seniors so sounds promising. Massive price tag for a lad his age. Maybe a Harvey Elliott.2

1 Like

Derby fans are seething over this too, similar to Fulham with Elliott so here’s hoping.

1 Like

I know there’s already a rule regarding this, but I feel the transfer/sale of young players should generate a yearly revenue based on their development to the selling/parent club for a certain period.

For most of the parent clubs an yearly revenue of even 50k sometimes means a lot.

Decent piece on the Athletic:

Derby rate him as “the best 16-year-old in the country”.

1 Like

Can he get an African passport too? :wink:

1 Like

Damn. I should have saved my “Signing all the keepers” song from TIA. :rage:

1 Like

I see he’s Northern Irish, 193cm’s tall, his contract was about to expire in May.

Maybe someone to compete for the U23’s, as Kelleher probably won’t be going back there anymore. Either senior football or a loan.

1 Like

Jeez Celtic must hate us at the moment. Taking Davies from them now this lad. Hope he’s decent

Came to Celtic from Dungannon Swift’s in Northern Ireland same club as Conor Bradley. Must be doing the right things there, if we were City they would become affiliated with the club to add to their club connections around the world

According to the echos blood Red pod this deal is compete even though there hasn’t been a club confirmation

Look to be in for Ghanaian youngster Abdul Fatawu. He was supposedly signing for Bayern 04 but his agent was said to be ‘ dubious and disrespectful’ , looks to be holding out for Liverpool’s offer.

He has been called up to Ghanas first team.

Looks a talent

5 Likes
2 Likes

Seems like the walking definition of “That stayed hit”.

1 Like

Hopefully in 3 years or 5 he will get some UK visa and be able to play for us

He’s soon to become a full international for Ghana so I think it’ll be easier to make an exceptional talent argument than it was for Awoniyi who never managed to get one for Nigeria.

3 Likes