2023 Cricket World Cup

Was my thought exactly.

Just checked the score , Bavuma 35 off 55. That just might have given the match to Aus.

Cardinal in this format to waste those deliveries and then not make up for it later.

Is South Africa’s bowling any better? What I have seen so far, this tournament is all about who can bat better.

Finding it difficult to argue with you. He was a bit stuck in the mud in all honesty. Didn’t play with any fluidity at all and could have been out a few times. Contrast that to the strike rates of the others and it’s a valid point. We’re going at less than 6, good platform with just 2 wickets down but there is a sense we could, and probably should, be over 200 and going at close to 7 runs an over.

That makes good bowling performances all the more valuable. I do think SA have the better option in spin though

1 Like

Nope. My take on the tournament is one where all of the top nations could beat the other on any given day with India the most consistent and thus the favourite. Could be my age but when thinking back to teams of the past this all seems to depend on flat pitches and dew.

2 Likes

Isn’t the right time to play cricket in India. In terms of pitches.

This is the beginning of the season and pitches are naturally batsmen friendly.

Pair that with the dew factor which is ever the case in India and then day night matches.

I for one would like to see a lot more pitches like the ones we saw in Chennai. And lesser day night matches. With the dew and 2 balls being used at all time , the reverse swing isn’t kicking in as well.

2 Likes

Starc getting some late in drift, now. Nothing really hopping though. Looks like a score of 310-320. Not sure it will be enough.

1 Like

Around 5:10pm here in India. Should expect that little bit. But ideally a day ODI match would be perfect.

That seems to be something the cricketing world has forgotten though with TV rights playing a bigger role.

320 won’t in all probability be enough. Doubt even teams feel comfortable with 350.

2 Likes

Catches win matches :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bavuma loses matches

Not enough

It’s a few runs short but the Aussies don’t have the strongest batting line up, it’s defendable if SA bowl well.

Those dropped catches probably have cost Australia 50 runs.

Anyway, Jansen is a nice bowler. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Just about made up for the runs Bavuma cost SA

Dew will likely have it’s say. But I agree with you

Somewhat unrelated, do anyone thinks Pakistan :pakistan: can make it to the semifinals? Their batting or bowling wasn’t convincing. But that win against Srilanka :sri_lanka: was really authoritative.

Can’t see them finishing above Australia, New Zealand, India or England to be honest, but they are the most unpredictable team in the tournament, so, who knows?

1 Like

I think they can.

Despite the result against Srilanka , they aren’t great chasers though. But the conditions in India probably help them. I don’t think the result against Srilanka was authoritative though , the srilankan bowlers , mainly pathirana had a howler and dew helped blunt the bowling big time.

1 Like

Brilliant bowling from Ngidi, what a start.

Big partnership for the Aussies now, they can’t afford Smith and Labuschagne to take 30 balls each to get in.

1 Like