Alexis MAC ALLISTER: 2023/24

Dont overthink it. People are simple idiots and the person closest to a goal is often the one who gets the most criticism. He should have done better with the situation he was put in but there is blame to go around.

Tô me bar the game against Wolves were he was evidently knackered and this mistake today he hasn’t put a foot wrong.

2 Likes

He’s going to be a legend for us, a contender for vice captaincy. A superbly intelligent footballer. Enabled me to stop pining for Gini. We’ve got a proper world class midfield player in the making.

1 Like

He made a mistake today, we all do, he looks the goods anyway, he has certainly got something between his ears and it ain’t air.

3 Likes

Easy. Kick the ball away in the last five minutes against Luton.

Or attempt to take a throw in and spend ages on it.

Uh oh…

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1734621197818618185?t=8gUNokFpZgXwkolT9jU4hQ&s=19

Was looking at those snaps on his own insta just now.

They’ve clearly opted to drain blood to reduce swelling and inflammation, but that’s not really an indication of severity, and more that they can speed up healing. If one of us had a bruised knee all swollen up the NHS would unlikely drain it, instead sending you away with ice and ibuprofen.

That tweet is just designed to inflame the fans and cause panic (by that liverpool fan account).

Klopp indicated that there is no ligament damage and its just a cut and bruising. Some stories around that he might have to miss united, but I expect him to be fit and starting there given we are still a good few days away.

3 Likes

Is he having problems breathing? What’s the oxygen mask about if it even is an oxygen mask.

Draining of blood.

Wouldn’t actually surprise me in a way. When I was 13 I cut the knee front on the bone, had to walk around in a cast like bandage for 2-3 weeks. Assume I’d probably get something more modern nowadays.

I’ll wait for Klopp but yeah I used crutches for a bit, I expect we may not see him until Xmas or Jan but i think it’s weeks not months.

Klopp will update tomorrow I guess, usually players who are out for a while post “Road to recovery begins now”.

Probably means we shouldn’t be risking certain players who you would play tomorrow.

1 Like

Cut knee my ass

1 Like

Possibly longer than thought.

Klopp will give us a time frame anyhow.

It’s wound management. Ones on the knee have to be immobilized over the first week or so as any movement just rips it open again. So it looks like he’s on crutches to accommodate whatever orthopedic they’ve given him to immobilize it, and then that boot thing he’s wearing is part of a high pressure/oxygen therapy treatment (hence the gas mask).

It’s just a case of flipping over all the cards you can to see if they can get him ready to run a day or two sooner

4 Likes

Klopp confirmed he is out for Man Utd but is hopeful it won’t be long.

Says it’s a day by day thing anyhow here.

Damn, that sounds nasty. Not a slow heal though

so much for the stud check ahead of the game, hey?

1 Like

Probably just got unlucky with the wrong angle, but yeah, I would guess those were metal.

When was the last time you saw metal studs on a footballer.

I can’t actually remember the last time I saw replaceable stud cleats. been a while since i had to buy any. still have my Ronaldino’s, my Adi turfs and my adi zero’s