Andre Trindade (DM) Fluminense

I have not but I did see someone suggest we sign Oliver Norwood so by comparison I’ll take just about anyone.

1 Like

Am I missing something? Surely they want to win this cup every year? Sounds like an unnecessary narrative to say ‘more money please’!

1 Like

They probably get less money if the deal is done for January

They dont qualify very often and very rarely get to this late stage.

2 Likes

They are in the Quarter Finals. Imagine if we were in the QF of the CL and someone wanted to buy Trent.
We’d expect the club to hold on to him as long as we were still in it.

3 Likes

Theyve also never won it before. So if theyve got a competitive squad nows a good chance.

1 Like

I watched half a fluminense game after we were linked and also because someone praised their playing style. Sadly i cant say anything about Andre, he was pretty much invisible, i had to check the team sheet multiple times to make sure he was playing. Also i just couldnt stomoch watching the second half, partly because it was very late, but mostly because the football was really bad, im not sure its wise to judge him there anyway. Lets just trust the scouts and see what happens :wink:

Also @Aurelio: I dont think they ever won it, so this year is a unique opportunity!

1 Like

A lot of those minutes are from the Campeonato Carioca, or the state league. The national league is only about halfway through and it ends in December so, in terms of his fitness, there’s not really any benefit in waiting til Jan.

1 Like

This raises quite an interesting point. How do heat maps, plots of various attributes/skill sets and even body matrices translate across leagues? I wonder if it’s a formula (league x to y or z) or a just down to gut instinct in terms of judging whether the demonstrated skill sets and personal attributes will translate to a new league.

If he’s the one we want, and he comes in January, fine. Endo slots in as an experienced man in the meantime. And if we are in for Andre, hopefully we nail it all down so another team can’t gazump us as his star grows.

Our team definitely try to account for it. How exactly that works I’m sure is far more complicated than can be easily described, but the competitions a player has played in when producing his stats is definitely factored in to how we assess players.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheKopWatch/status/1693958156697665545

After watching this video i am not so sure anymore tbh

:joy:

1 Like

If they want him but can’t get him until January, then make a deal now and loan him back to Fluminense for the rest of their season.

Alternatively, I’ve heard that he has a 40M release clause. They can bring him aboard now if they’re willing to pay it.

1 Like

He will get sent off SO fast :laughing:

And still money left over for a left sided CB!

2 Likes

Who started this thread???

@ZinedineBiscan

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

1 Like

He has £34M release clause why not pay it now then the player is ours and we avoid any danger of a much bigger increase in January?

Because Jorg is sick of hearing he can only do a clause deal so is working hard trying to craft his own terms for this

chemistry chemical reaction GIF

2 Likes

On his head be it if we end up in a stand off with either Manure and Chelski who are also interested in him