Andre Trindade (DM) Fluminense

Brexit has a benefit?!?! Is that why @mascot has gone into hiding?

2 Likes

this is probably the best quote I’ve read on the forum. Top class as usual @Sweeting

1 Like

I think if we take one PL game at a time without letting the frenzy of the other competitions swamp us… especially without the expectations this season, that come hand in hand with CL later stages… we could well go on and win the PL with the squad we have…!

2 Likes

Wow. I didn’t know that (he says in a deadpan voice, trying to be a bit ironic).

I am well aware of which competitions we could theoretically win and I go into every season hoping to win all of them, including, and in particular, the league. Obviously, winning all of them is highly unlikely but we should believe that we can.

I believe that quotation was from Bill Shankly and I’m sure, like a lot of what he said, he didn’t mean it literally. Of course, his point, and mine, is that we should strive to be first and not settle for second best.

3 Likes

Competing for the PL title should be the benchmark for Liverpool, winning it has to do with some things outside your power like luck, referees etc etc.

If we are set up just to finish T6 be might as well be Spurs.

9 Likes

I think there’s a key difference between the expectations the squad sets for itself, and our expectations as fans.

I’ve no problem with the squad pumping themselves up for a title push, if anything I think if the players set their sights lower than that there’s the risk of complacency setting in.

But as a fan, expecting us to win the title in what is clearly going to be a transitional season means you’re going to end up disappointed when we do what is far more reasonably within our limits, eg finish 3rd or 4th.

I’d absolutely take 3rd now if it was guaranteed.

5 Likes

Where the fuck did I say we should aim for 6th?

I’m saying we have a squad that should do better but I don’t think getting Lavia or Trindade in now or in 10 days really changes that.

The squad he has now will be the squad he uses for those first few games, whoever we bring in might get minutes after those first few games.

5 Likes

I would only do so if both Manchester clubs were guaranteed to be relegated.

4 Likes

We all know what that means. £££££ will change that reluctance as they haven’t said no.

The problem with this transfer is that if we sign him for 20mil pounds and not Lavia for 50mil, guess what the anti FSG brigade is gonna say?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

2 Likes

Yep, criticised for saving money and buying smart.

2 Likes

If he signs for £20m that probably means we will not see him before January and if we sign nobody besides him there is a good chance it is too late so it will be a dumb move and another waisted season for the best manager we had in a long, long time …

3 Likes

Or really, that a single transfer is make-or-break, or that you can judge the outcome of the season on pre-season…

So, nothing new here, really.

2 Likes

Bayern Munich scored against us in pre-season. We’re going to get relegated.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought we perform better in the season if we lose our pre season games. Not sure if there is any evidence to support that though :rofl:

4 Likes

Well that charity shield got our hopes up last season.

1 Like

We drew with Innsbruck and Stuttgart while losing 4-3 to Hertha in 2021/22.

Do we get a Tobago with this Trindade?

Ahem!

2 Likes

Both of you in the bin

2 Likes