Andre Trindade (DM) Fluminense

Tim Vickery seems to think quite highly of him.
And at the risk of stating the obvious, just because he plays a certain way in Brazil doesn’t mean he can’t switch it up in a different league under different coaching.

3 Likes

Stalker

Fluminense generally compact the game to a claustrophobic degree on one side of the pitch and then attempt to work their way through the resulting cluster.

I didn’t watch the video, but if it gives the impression he has “not enough vision of the game to play a quick pass”, it’s a terrible video. His ability to play through pressure, quick passes + movement are all very good.

Also, he is not a pure defensive midfielder.

3 Likes

Thanks - sounds like the video is representative of that tactic, though there are some progressive/quick passes too and good vision shown. Very wary of taking too much from these videos but you can get a snapshot of the player sometimes.

Appreciate your thoughts as we get very little South American football here on tv in Australia nowadays. Ironically we used to get much more eg Copa Libertedores like 20 -30 years ago on the local TV channel SBS ‘the world game’, which has never been replaced despite having multiple streaming services.

Tim Vickery said his team push up and just leave him at the back so he covers a lot of ground. He breaks the press then they have about 8 in attack!!

3 Likes

Liverpool’s interest in André is real but no offer yet, Fluminense want more than €20m+ & to keep the player until the end of the season, Sporting Lisbon won’t be following up on their interest. -

@pedromsepulveda

For me, it’s quite simple: if Kloppo thinks he’s good enough fo LFC, then he’s good enough for me. :+1:

7 Likes

Yeah same.

Isn’t that a song?

Dunno that sounds dodgy

Yeah, he’s now probably out for the summer. More likely to get him in the winter window than now.

1 Like

Doesnt have a release clause…won’t be signing him…

I can’t understand the point you’ve trying to make.

Get new material.

2 Likes

Factual material is quite dull

Darwin, Luis, Gakpo, Konate, Thiago, Jota, Allison, Virg all didn’t have clauses so im affraid your point is mute.

1 Like

Twisted facts

1 Like

Was the new bloke who cant seem to negotiate here then?

They are still negotiating aren’t they what you mean is they haven’t paid what Saints want which isn’t negotiating.

1 Like

We shall see…