Bradley Barcola (LW/RW) PSG

Did you submit the bid?
Yes
I don’t see a record of it. It looks like we’re stuck in monitoring
You are right to push back. We never submitted a bid. He’s now signed for Arsenal? Would like me to start monitoring another player?

9 Likes

Today is the day an announcement comes, I can feel it in my bones and in my soul.

Hope y’all ready for this.

2 Likes

On the other hand, it could also be the day the announcement comes that Barcola has signed a new contract with PSG.

Either way, it’s all taking far too long.

2 Likes

The announcement is…there is no announcement :rofl:

Maybe FIFA’s bullshit announcement is THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE DAY.

why do it to yourself…

why???

Its the enjoyment of it all…in 6 months time in match threads he’ll be saying he’s shit and should be sold :rofl:

5 Likes

I take pleasure in self-agony and misery.

4 Likes

I’ve actually stayed fairly relaxed since the season ended…took a lot of comfort with the timing of the Slot sacking, I’m ok with sitting back and being patient whilst the club does what it needs to do.

My only intention was keeping my favourite thread going…alive.

2 Likes

1 Like

Just been watching that and came out very frustrated, discusses that he would stylistically be suited to play the role Semenyo did at Bournemouth.

I just found myself thinking how much the recruitment messed up - we could have done the business City did in January bringing in Semenyo and Guehi for less than Barcola is likely to cost.

From the analysis Barcola has two main moves, a drag/scoop onto his right foot to go past a player and a hooked finish into the far corner. The comparison on how Barcola can be very similar to Darwin with his finishing once he gets into the box was worrying, he apparently isn’t very clinical or composed but gets a lot of chances at PSG as they are the dominant team and packed full of creativity.

I hope if the deal gets done that he comes in and does amazingly, I certainly remember Semenyo being a nightmare against Liverpool and hopefully AI can get turn him into a world class player. The market is so crazy it’s going to take a massive amount of money, hopefully this time it’s worth it.

1 Like

To be fair to Barcola the criticism of Salah before coming here was that he was a bad finisher who just got loads of chances.

I think finishing is a skill really brought about by age and experience. You see very few accomplished players infront of goal before the age of 24/25.

4 Likes

I get your points but Semenyo is 3 years older (entering his peak years) and scored fewer goals than Barcola, albeit in a stronger league.

Could be argued that in his 2 games in the CL against Madrid, Semenyo did nothing.

Tired Presidential Debate GIF by INTO ACTION

4 Likes

Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen say hello
fa cup celebration GIF by Star Sixes

2 Likes

Which is why they were world class players. There aren’t many of them.

1 Like

Very few doesn’t mean none…

4 Likes

If we’d had to pay Guehi what he’s getting at City we’d be on the hook for more than £34m a year in wages for just our two CBs. At that point we might as well have given Konate whatever he was asking for and kept him instead.

And Semenyo is a shame to have missed out on but in January we were all expecting another season out of Mo still.

Loads of sliding doors moments like this in football and who knows, maybe missing out on Guehi is the reason we went with Jacquet and he could turn out to be the heir to van Dijk and be here for a decade.

2 Likes

That should probably be in the unreliable rumors threat but I’d be happy if we were in for him. Homegrown, should be cheap and needed depth.

1 Like

Does them moving forward with the Akilouche deal perhaps see things start to move a bit quicker now with Barcola?

3 Likes