Caoimhin KELLEHER: 2023/24

Ideal chance for him to do well for himself, for the team and also for potential buyers this summer, when he’ll have 2 years left and it might be the correct time if there’s a good enough offer to move on.

2 Likes

Let’s do that then

1 Like

https://x.com/endocontent/status/1761858450881974328?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

2 Likes

Can’t they just celebrate Kelleher’s magnificent performance today without the Alisson reference?

4 Likes

2 outrageous pieces of goalkeeping, the first is worldy and is up there with Ali’s at Palace where he scrambled across his goal to save it onto the post as save of the season.

His 2nd from Gallagher I actually thought oh no this is where we lose the game given how much time and space he had, came out and spread himself like prime Buffon.

Swept up well on few occassions and his kicking was very good, is he 2 footed? Looked very comfortable on his left which I hadn’t noticed before.

This cup was made for him.

3 Likes

Shows that the training is going through that department.

Like Kelleher looks far better than he ever has frankly.

1 Like

Don’t be so cynical it’s only a joke ……

1 Like

I’ve listened to about 5 or 6 people pronounce his first name today and heard 5-6 different pronunciations.

1 Like

I think he will want to get sold and I won’t blame him. He is good enough for a starter in a mid table Premier League team. Excellent nr 2, too good for 2 probably.

Maybe, but it’s also possible that he’ll take the highs he gets as Liverpool number two over appearing every week for an average team like Palace or Wolves.
He will have appeared in close to half our games this season.

3 Likes

Tell me one of them was Chow Mein?

Klopp says Kweeveen doesn’t he? I’ll go with that. Germans know best.

1 Like

Isn’t his first name the equivalent of Kevin?

“Kev” it is from now on.

Or quev :sweat_smile:

Didn’t watch the game and watched the highlights today. He made some insane, simply mind blowing, saves. :exploding_head: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m beginning to think that it might be smart to propose and try to negotiate a buy back clause for him, if he goes this summer. Most probably we won’t need it and Alisson’s level probably outlasts the duration of that option. Plus, it’s not like there are only two goalies for us out there, there will be many more in the future. But still, try and see if there’s an option for that. We might be the only place in his career where he actually competes and wins things.

1 Like

An old article.

1 Like

These appearances and being fantastic in them will not bring him ahead of Alisson as No. 1. Anytime Alisson is fit, he will be back. If anything these performances will make him even more desirable to clubs. Coming to 26, he has to decide what he wants. If Alisson is happy to stay here, Kelleher is going nowhere near the no. 1 anytime in the next 2-3 years and he is just too good to be a no. 2 coming to the golden age for GK to start regular football, even at a great club like ours. The only consideration he will have is with a new manager, whether Alisson will think of moving on or whether the new manager thinks of him so i am sure Kelleher will talk to the new manager before making his next move.

3 Likes

End of the day his goalkeeping looks to be coming on leaps and bounds (pardon the pun) which excites me for what might be coming through if they are all getting the same training.

Yeah, it’s not a Courtois and Cech situation, when Chelsea had to make a decision near the end of Courtois’ contract (after he had 3 full seasons at Atletico, being a Belgian and Spanish champion). And then opted simply for the guy that was the future, despite Cech still being at a high level.

If this is Kelleher’s final season with us, I’m just satisfied with what he’s given us. It can’t last forever, there will be other goalkeepers. Maybe we can negotiate a buy back clause or maybe our paths cross again in the future, but the more likely is that there will be new names.

2 Likes

Scary news going about saying he is injured………