Conor BRADLEY: 2023/24

He’s too young for this kind of shite. They should leave him alone with it, and tell him to concentrate on his football.

1 Like

Just scored against Scotland.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/SamueILFC/status/1772720408862536019

4 Likes

The winner!

1 Like

Mamma mia!

https://x.com/LFCData/status/1774453417756275072?s=20

4 Likes

This boy is a superstar in the making. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona one day, after he has played plenty for LFC.

Who need to go to Brazil for scouting young talent, Northern Ireland is the place, apart from our Academy as well :smiley:

The new manager should find a way to integrate both him and Trent in the playing XI.

1 Like

Fuck them two…

1 Like

:-1::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

:+1::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

When I meant the those two La Liga teams, i meant it as a compliment.

In the modern game, i suppose, is it a prerequisite to have one of those teams on your footballing CV before you retire?

We have world class players, but it is always players in that league who seem to win the most Ballon d’ors.

Hope you get what I mean here.

No.

End of story.

4 Likes

Totally disagree.

There’s no advance on playing for LFC. Look at Mo, look at Virgil, look at Ali. No one would deny that they are absolute world class players and they haven’t played for Madrid or Barcelona.

This fawning over those clubs is a blight on football as a whole.

7 Likes

Fair enough. Just wondering.

A few players usually end up there after a few years in EPL, for example Ronaldo, Bale and Owen.

It doesn’t make it a prerequisite though.

Ronaldo fell out with Ferguson, Bale was at a mid table club and the less said about Owen the better.

1 Like

La Liga was still a go to destination.

Yes Madrid are still but at the moment Barca need a rebuild.

1 Like

Go stand in the naughty corner and no turning around until I say so :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

At this point , I daresay Liverpool is a much better club than Barca.

Playing for Barca might be a badge of Pride for many footballers from South American countries but for people in UK , playing for a club like Liverpool means more.

Real Madrid are probably the only club which holds more pulling power than us. That’s mostly due to the hold they have on the CL.

2 Likes

Yes, that is good point. I can’t see Real Madrid declining anytime soon with their hold on Champions league.

Also any player choosing City or a Chelsea over us is only prioritising his salary/wages. As a club , the legacy of being a Liverpool player has greater attraction to players.

3 Likes

Prerequisite is probably too strong.

Leagues and clubs change with time in terms of top attraction. It’s not only football though, but football coupled with quality of life. Which can also mean different things for different players. Context, timing, motivation, etc.

We can say in modern times that them Spanish two have been at the front. It’s “only” two clubs though, so not many places available. There are other clubs, don’t even have to be necessarily bigger in terms of historical success. We can see more or less the football food chain.

We are certainly one of the biggest clubs that probably needs to have also one of the biggest teams on the pitch to be in that conversation of a “final destination”. Without it, it’s difficult. But it’s not like we’re a Sevilla or something.

If reality sometimes knocks on the door and a large portion of players feel like there’s another step to reach somewhere else, it is how it is. We’ve seen it. You would naturally want us to become that even more, so we can get hold of certain calibre of players more often.

2 Likes