Curtis JONES: 2022/23

It is an old video…

Agreed

1 Like

A young Luke Shaw there.

I might be blonde, but I’m not daft…

Define excellent. Excellent for his age? Excellent for Liverpool standards? Excellent compared to all our other midfielders last season? Excellent because he had 10 good games after stalling for two years? Excellent because he’s scouse?

I respect you because you seem to have huge knowledge about young talent in football but for some reason you are not able to take of those red tinted glasses when it comes to Liverpool academy players and especially if they are local lads.

Curtis is a good kid and imo he will be a good squad player for many years to come but I’m not seeing him ever winning a clear starting spot here.

We will bring in two or three new midfielders now. One or two more in the coming 1-2 years to replace Thiago, Fab and Hendo. Most of the new signings will push Curtis down the pecking order.

5th choice if things go very good for him.

Your comment was that Elliott, Thiago and Jones were not good at pressing and covering ground. I agree with that on Thiago and Elliott but not Jones.

He’s excellent at pressing and covering ground because he’s been excellent at pressing and covering ground. It’s not deep. His emergence into our midfield added some much needed energy, he’s led the midfield press everytime he has played in the second half of this season.

Its taken him a long time to become accustomed to played in a central midfield role but recently he’s shown that its finally clicked. He’s clearly been our best midfielder (if we aren’t counting Trent as a true midfielder yet) in the unbeaten run and has been a huge part in those results.

I hope new signings do push him down the pecking order. He’s currently our best midfielder but it would be great if he’s only 4th or 5th choice, that would mean we have a phenomenal midfield.

8 Likes

I’ll take back anything bad I’ve ever said about Curtis.

What, because he’s posed for a photo with his grandad? :thinking:

Because he obviously committed some kind of hideous chainsaw murder in those jeans

1 Like

Those Jeans :joy:

Thought he’d spilled some paint

1 Like

This says it all about our chance in the title race next season :smirk:

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1676667962093195273?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

8 Likes

Well underated by lots but I think, if he stays fit he will be a monster next year.

5 Likes

So happy for the lad :clap:

1 Like

Go get some silverware Jones lad.

6 Likes

Curtis Jones leading the U21s out today at 5pm. Hope they go on and win it and he can get a trophy lift in before his well deserved break.

1 Like

Jones scored the only goal, England won 1-0.

Remarkable performance all around from england. 6 games played, zero goals conceded, scored in every one of their games and 2 or more in 4 of them.

Lots of good performances from England, but Jones was a notable standout over the entire tournament. Especially interesting for us was how much more of a reserved, almost traditional CM role he played than the one we’re used to seeing him do.

1 Like

you missed out the bit that a few kick hit him on his back and deflected in! :wink:

https://twitter.com/LFCAWOL/status/1677735368526020609?s=20