Darwin NUNEZ: 2023/24

Been hearing that for the last 18 months now. He’s 24 years old, and is our record signing, and yet it’s this constant refrain of “raw” or “still young” or “chaos” or “needs time.”

My patience with him is running thin.

More like US marines. I get it to hide the greys round the side

I think it was a bit of a shock as he got off rhe team bus.

His hair aside, which looks terrible, I think it’s just frustration that he’s clearly talented and influential, and just getting that little composure would put him up there ahead of the likes of Watkins, Solanke, Isak etc.

I don’t think it’s the reds tinted spectacles that show he’s clearly a better footballer than those players, but you need to put the ball in the back of the net.

1 Like

Well, I’m slowly coming into that territory as well. It’s not that I don’t generally have patience (having witnessed Rafa’s era and players like Crouch and Leiva, I’ve learned what patience is) but I’m not seeing enough signs of him becoming a reliable striker. I have so much respect for his work rate but his finishing is some of the worst I’ve seen from a Liverpool player.

Mane and Salah always had me on the edge of my seat when presented with a chance but I always expect Nunez to come up with a different kind of miss.

Am I the only one that actually thought the new style looked sick? Kinda tempted to do the same with my hair when the cricket season starts back up again

1 Like

Why would you try something that looks sick!!! Something lost in translation!

Sick: in American surfer slang can also mean cool or awesome.

Example: those waves were sick bro.

Translation: those waves were great.

1 Like

Or those creps are sick fam

translates to nice shoes mate.

1 Like

1 Like

As someone who does translations for a living, I concur with this one.

1 Like

howling

:person_raising_hand:

Just seen that we paid 10 million to Benfica this week as he played his 60th game for us.

Yeah, that’s what I posted last season when we discussed the price agreed for him (some were telling that it’s not even close to €100m, while it actually is). Some of the bonuses are what’s called easy bonuses. Two have passed already.

From lfchistory.net:

£21.34m of the £85.36m is in add-ons. The first £4.3m will come after Nunez makes 10 appearances. A further £8.5m will follow after 60 games with the final £8.5m to “depend on the individual and collective performance of the team throughout the contract.”

So currently it might be at £76.8m (€89.4m).

Bargain, compared to Antony :blush:

1 Like

Rasmus Højlund €75m
Richarlison €58m

Yeah but Richarlison is brilliant ‘again’ he just scored 2 goals

This too shall pass :joy:

1 Like

Probably his worst game in a Liverpool shirt, which unsuprisingly came in his worst period by far as a Liverpool player. He’s gone from being involved in chances more than just about anyone to braindead plays like not chasing loose balls and straying offside all the time. He’ll snap out of it and start playing closer to this ability again, however, if you asked me a month ago if he was going to reach his very very high ceiling, I’d be far more optimistic than I am now.

In all honestly, I’d be slightly suprised to see him get there and the biggest reason is his lack of maturity. He’s on year two working with Klopp and he’s still doing stupid things. His reaction when he got booked brought back flashbacks of his red against Palace last season. Petulant and immature. I hope he’ll grow out of it, calm down and start making better decisions but I am not holding my breath. I know that if and when he does, he’ll become world class but that seems a long way off from where he is now.

1 Like