Darwin NUNEZ: 2023/24

Dont wear gloves then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

DCL hasnā€™t scored since October.

Mr. Chaos with some lovely attack ending moves today.

1 Like

I still love this crazy bastard. And not just in a cult hero way. We look better when heā€™s in the team. Itā€™s as simple as that.

4 Likes

Hear hear! Iā€™m still on the Darwin bus. Yes, he needs to score more goals, and I believe it will come. And in the meantime he is a valuable member of the team that is currently top of the Premier League! We have five strikers, and Darwinā€™s contribution, even when he is not among the goals, is helping the team to shine.

4 Likes

His level has regressed in the last couple of months. Whereas at the start of the season, he looked improved in every aspect, except for finishing, lately all that he has offered, with an exception here and there, is a lot of running and even that has been patchy. He has had games in which heā€™s done nothing but stray offside, while being otherwise far less involved.

Itā€™s good that normally he works really hard for the team and we definitely have benefited from it. But hard work is not going to be enough for someone who cost this much and is supposed to score goals. He needs to bring more quality in his game; He has to produce the goods more consistently. Mishitting the pass to Diaz on a two versus one and losing possession needlessly, deep in injury time, tracking back, barging into an Arsenal player and committing a foul in a precarious position are typical examples of his technique failing him again and again.

He has to be a lot better than that.

1 Like

To be honest, he still had 1 goal and 3 assists in something like 610 PL minutes???

It is a poor run of form but just one more goal and no one would have been complaining.

Nope.

And yet another couple of assists (double figures now for season) and solid performance from Darwizzy tonight.

2 Likes

His finishing is perplexing. He does a lot of the right things, invariably hits the target, but finds a keeper in the way. You see the one today where Leno had already dived and spread himself as much as he could and Darwin tries to go back the other way but from more or less point blank range finds the keepers outstretched foot. Had he have scuffed it like Gapko did the week before it would probably have been a goal.

3 Likes

Heā€™s a bit snakebit that way at the moment. But really made difference when he came on today.

2 Likes

I love this dude. Keep those assists rolling in son. Klopp 101 - teamwork.

Goals will soon pile up, itā€™s coming!!

7 Likes

He changed the games direction when he came on. All that you want in those scenarios

3 Likes

He ainā€™t having any luck atm

1 Like

Yeah, no complaints from last night. He and Gapko changed the game. This is the standard that heā€™s set and should be attaining. Involved in everything, both creating and executing himself - even if he misses few easier ones.

This Nunez is a force of nature.

3 Likes

At this point, if I was him, Iā€™d give up on shooting altogether and Iā€™d try to pass the ball to a teammate instead. Or whack it towards the opponent and hope that it will somehow ricochet and bobble over the line. Or go to a place of worship (I donā€™t know if heā€™s religious but it canā€™t hurt) and try with a prayer.

1 Like

He should get Bruce Grobbelaar to piss on his football boots!

Yesterdayā€™s chance was just a bit crazy. Some were poor but Leno played well and didnā€™t just save the Hollywood ones.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/optajoe/status/1749135966365733134?s=46&t=42aF3DRJJcc83kvFYEkESA

10 Likes

But all those chances his missesā€¦

Heā€™ll never be good enough to lead the lineā€¦

And and and all those misses chancesā€¦

Heā€™ll never be a consisent goalscorerā€¦

And and andā€¦those missed chances. Heā€™s just a shit Andy Carroll!!

:yawning_face: :yawning_face:

2 Likes

Loved that slide in on the second.