Darwin NUNEZ: 2023/24

Tell him to aim for the woodwork and then he’ll score every time. Simple.

1 Like

Facial hair thread

I think he can be excused for all of them bar the pen.

It’s a good save and still hits the post and the header is a tough one. Shot from 30 yards is just that.

1 Like

Said it before, say it again with even more confidence.

Would not swap him for any other forward/winger in the world.

The guy gets bums off seats, he gets crowds to raise the roof off the building. He leaves it all out on the pitch each and every week.

I see again on different platforms why fans chant his name after he’s assisted a goal…it’s really not that difficult to understand people.

4 Likes

15th best in the league and has created more than any other striker bar our own Salah and Ollie Watkins.

Love how Salah has been away for a month and is still top :joy:

1 Like

And after all that futility, at the end of the game he just goes and takes the ball from a Chelsea player, outruns another to the byline, and cuts in an inch perfect cross for Diaz to score.

4 Likes

I can’t imagine that it’s possible to be literally 1 inch off of being a world class player, so I still think he puts it all together.

I can’t imagine people thinking a guy with 30 goal involvements in a season isn’t world class

5 Likes

Tbf hes becoming pretty good at it

You know he would be knocking them in the goal if he did a video for it

1 Like

Injured?

Left yesterdays game in a boot - and not a football one according to Jurgen

If Nunez is ruled out, the Arsenal groundsman will be relieved. He won’t have to clean the scuff marks off the crossbars and posts.

1 Like

https://x.com/lfc/status/1753418758842925206?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

1 Like

Steve McManaman was renown for hitting the bar…
There wasn’t a pub on Merseyside he didn’t frequent :0)

Darwin doesn’t score easy goals, but he sure does make scoring look easy. :nerd_face:

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1755893509385568624

:joy_cat:

4 Likes

Or does he score easy goals make them look hard? Whatever, he scores them, puts in a shift and I dig the guy.

6 Likes

How do his goals per xG and goals per shot ratio add up? His shots per game must be off the scale - he has hit the woodwork in a game more often than some teams have shots in a game.

Very good header, but crap miss with his 1v1 just moments later.

Classic.

1 Like