Darwin NUNEZ: 2023/24

You set it up beautifully. They missed it. Ironic. Should we go back through years of postings and see how many other things they missed, went over their heads or ballooned out the forum? :rofl:

Is the offside law changing next season? Not sure if true, but my lad was telling me it is changing in the direction of adding more advantage to the attacker. Basically, if part of your body is level, you are fine. This represents a big shift from if part of your body is offside, you are offside.

Does anyone know if this is true?

If it is, I would have thought it adds some advantage to a player with Darwinā€™s attributes.

1 Like

Yes. But only for Darwin.

Weā€™re gonna fucking boss it next season, youā€™ll see!!

Itā€™s still under trials, I think. Recommended by Wenger so that the whole of your body has to be ahead of the defender to be classed as offside. Nunez would spunk several tsunami loads if that rule came in, but unfortunately, it wonā€™t be in place next season.

Itā€™s not. IFAB are in the initial stages of trialing the so called ā€œWenger lawā€ that requires every part of the attacker be behind the last defender for it to be offside but there is no guarantee that gets through the process, and even if it does it can take years to make it into the Prem.

On the contrary, SAOD has more measurement precision than the manual line drawing approach and so the ā€œtoleranceā€ level brought in to VAR offsides about 3 years ago that allows more incidents to be judged as level is being eliminated.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

Football isnā€™t very good at understanding down stream consequences of its decisions. Players like Haaland, Isak, Nunez, Son etc would initially thrive under the Wenger rule, but the actual longer term impact would be to that teams drop deeper and deeper to mitigate its impact.

Wenger probably thinks it leads to more goals. I think it leads to exactly the opposite.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a fair point. Itā€™d probably encourage more counter-attacking football which could open things up. Hopefully, thatā€™s something the trials will show, but they probably donā€™t have coaches examining the impacts on the football played as a result of any change.

He has removed all LFC pics from his Instagram account. That is some stropā€¦

So, you missed the last fifty odd posts?

Yep I only ever read the last 3 posts in any threadā€¦life is far too short to spend it wading through the incoherent and misinformed ramblings of anonymous people on the internet :wink:

If he can click ā€˜deleteā€™ he can put a fucking ball in a net :rofl:

With it just past the anniversary of corner taken quickly. I saw a poll on X asking how many people would be confident in Nunez converting like Big D. Personally even though im a tad critical of him he takes that chance as hes no thinking time. X Had a 69% chance he misses it.

He went to do a new post and missed that button.

Doubt it, heā€™s great at hitting the post

Stupid change if true, as teams would have to play even more defensively and deeper, leave the LAWS alone!!!

1 Like

Wish I had read this before my post above, totally agree

Said Ramblerā€¦
About incoherent and misinformed Ramblings!

1 Like

Emery You Are Awful GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

1 Like

I hope he stays and kicks on under Slot. He has a lot of gifts that most strikers do not possess. If he can add an uptick to his finishing, he could easily become world class. As things stand he is still a very useful striker as part of the group. If he leaves this summer I will be disappointed and wondering ā€˜what if.ā€™

He has years left on his contract so nothing needs to be forced. If he has a year under Slot and the matter isnā€™t resolved, and he is still misfiring too much, fine, sell and get someone else.

If thereā€™s money on the table for him this summer, and Slot is willing to sell because he has something else in mind, I can go with that too, as the new man must be allowed to shape it. But I would have a sense of what if.

7 Likes