Fabinho (DM) to Al-Ittihad

He’s got the beating of continental drift, though. Just.

1 Like

This needs to draw to a close now, one way or another…
Season starts in a couple of weeks - If the transfer falls through, Fab won’t be ready for it, and Lordy only knows what kind of reception he will have generated amongst the supporters… I suppose we will find out though, the first time an opposing forward waltz’s past him eh

1 Like

RE: Fabinho. All parties remain committed to getting it done if possible. Negotiations and conversations are continuing, with Al Ittihad’s desire to sign him undiminished.

@David_Ornstein

rejoining squad training on wed, apparently he is back at Axa… article on Athletic… would post but was told not to post a while ago because of subscriptions etc

been two weeks on weds. if not done pull the plug on it.
these saudis offering crazy wages but cant actually pay for players. cunts.

3 Likes

Ffs

there goes our 40 million

Fabinho transfer to Al-Ittihad in jeopardy. Talks ongoing + all parties committed to deal. But there is a delay & 29yo to resume #LFC training on Weds, unless breakthrough made beforehand. Absolutely nothing to do with his dogs.

@David_Ornstein

please god let this be us playing hardball over receiving the fee up front

said for a while i think this one falls through

to comfort u all a little…

@FabrizioRomano
](https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano)

Understand Liverpool have approached Southampton for Roméo Lavia — talks on player side have been ongoing for more than one month. Jason Wilcox is leading talks now for Southampton and insists on £50m package deal

Saudis taking the piss. Think Fab needs to go but force them to have him signed within 48 hours or he isn’t leaving. Starting to be a disruption alongside this Hendo move

2 Likes

After all this sh*t, imagine his reception if he shows his face at Anfield on matchday… :rage:

@FadeToBlack Why would fans not welcome him to Anfield? What has he done wrong?

5 Likes

If we end up keeping Fabinho this season, and signing Lavia, I would take that. Lavia will usurp the older player soon enough, but Fabinho has plenty of experience to pass on to help bring him through. Fabinho can go next summer, if it pans out like that.

If the Saudis hold aspirations to be more of a force in world football, in dealing with them we have to start off strong in negotiations, for the long term good. They have to put up or shut up.

For all their wealth, if they have inadequate procedures in place, such that they negotiate deals without having the money ready to go, we should, rightly, pull the plug. You can’t play this game and negotiate a deal, and then say, “Now please wait, while I try to get the money for this.”

There is a concept, proof of funds, that operates in the business world so people don’t waste time. Rich country, obviously, but their moves into football so far are administratively lacking, and hopefully bumping up against professional outfits like LFC will show them what is required to do a deal.

Not headlines. Not pizzazz. But a professionally negotiated deal, that is not done until it is professionally executed.

5 Likes

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

I would imagine a wall of indifference

I think we can pretty much guarantee that is the one outcome that is not happening.

1 Like

Are you having me on? That’s a rhetorical question btw.

My only positive is that I don’t think he would have looked for a move if he hadn’t been told he’s not a starter in midfield any ore. So even if he stays I expect greatly reduced minutes.

4 Likes

I believe this about Hendo, but I suspect the different treatment Fabs received regarding the Germany trip was likely a result of Fabs forcing the issue. There are some well placed sources who reported that our analysis of his bad form last season was due to the secondary effects of the rest of the team not performing and that we had confidence if we could tighten that up, the vacuum would be back in good working order in the coming season.

1 Like