Fabinho (DM) to Al-Ittihad

No. I’m honestly looking to understand why people are so up at arms over players moving on? If he left and went to PSG would you be upset? Is it just the fact that it is oil money or is there something more?

1 Like

I would be fine if Fabinho goes and Lavia comes in. That’s how it has been shaping up for a while. Just speculating as there are reports the Saudi deal might be falling through.

i do feel for Fab a bit, very nice guy… what a rollo coaster for him and his young family

It looks like the Lavia deal is dependent on us getting a decent fee for Fabinho. Can’t imagine a scenario where both are at the club concurrently.
With all due respect, I know which I would prefer.

I don’t believe he would have forced the issue without being unhappy with his place in the squad. If someone in our analysis team thinks his form was not his fault then find a new analyst because ‘the vacuum’ sucks.

4 Likes

I think Lavia (as an understudy) was always the plan even with Fab staying. There were reports that Fab leaving was never part of the plan. So I think we DO get him even with Fab stayin

1 Like

Chapeau!

1 Like

Welcome to ‘The Positive Spend Show’ with sincere thanks to our producers, FSG Productions.

One thing to consider with this one is that there’s also reported interest from Bayern, it’s not ridiculous to think that even if this Saudi deal falls through he may end up moving to Germany. I doubt we’d get £40m from BM, though, is the only thing.

2 Likes

IF this deal falls through, it will mean that these Saudis aren’t serious and it will be no loss. IF we still sign Lavia, it would be a very nice statement of intent.

One , it would be a signal to clubs and players that we aren’t willing to f*ck around and will only play the transfer game in a honest and clear manner.
Two, it would be the chance to bed in a young player into the squad while giving Fab the time to find himself a new club next January, or next summer.

If you look at the situation a bit longer term, it would make perfect sense.
(Oh well, knowing our luck, we’ll sell Fab and still not sign Lavia or any other midfielder… :unamused:)

1 Like

Sorry its the Fail but we were getting bombarded with these types of articles after Szobo and it was pretty clear this was something the club was feeding the media. So I don’t agree we were planning to buy one regardless:
Liverpool ‘WON’T sign a third midfielder this summer unless a current star leaves’ | Daily Mail Online

Probably offer £15m. At best. Cunts.

Which is probably what he’s worth after last season tbh

1 Like

Well the usual reaction is “meh”

They haven’t got the funds lined up ?! wtaf … they carry that much around in petty cash.

All we need is get players around him that can do all his running for him and also do the brunt of the creative work. Is that too much to ask? You cannot reasonably expect a defensive midfielder to cover for other players.

2 Likes

Yeah, I dont agree with it. I think there is enough reporting on the idea, that what they were seeing in his underlying physical stats had not changed, to take it seriously though.

It’s all tea leaf reading, but a scenario in which Klopp had told other midfielders their role would be reduced this year, but Fab’s had been told he was still vital only to then ask to leave, would explain the more extreme treatment of him with regards to the Germany trip.

1 Like

I can’t imagine Fab staying. Klopp will no longer want a player who doesn’t show complete commitment anymore, especially if it’s just about more money. It’s not like playing in SA is a childhood dream come true for Fab or something like that.

Swop deal for Kimmich.

I love Fab. Just one bad season and that could also be because no one in the mid was performing which made him look very bad He can cover as a CB too if need be. I don’t think we are getting a CB, so he might well do the job. Having said this I wish him well if the deal to Saudi materializes.