Federico Chiesa (AM) Juventus

Afterall our flight spotting guys were spot on !!!

1 Like

Chiesa: “I’m so so happy, no really. Me and my family can’t wait.”

2 Likes

I do think he’s got the attributes for that and has played #10 before. He’s played as a second striker at times too. Considering the defensive work Arne expects from his team, I do think the club would have noted that attributes too.

1 Like

well this is as opportunistic as lfc can get as a club… saw an opportunity and took it…hope it works for all concerned

1 Like

Its feel like 20 years ago. Same Kuyt’s Price if I remember correctly.

Unbelievable for today market.

2 Likes

He is still 26, we have offered him a 4yr contract, so he is obviously here for the long haul. He is deffo not the younger Salah replacement, but rather adds real depth to the squad, considering any long term injuries occur to the squad. It’s upto him to push to be in the starting lineup. If Slot wants him, then he will have a place for him.

I actually fear, that his arrival might mean we are letting someone go from the attack ? Darwin or Diaz ?

1 Like

Zero chance Diaz go anywhere. His dibbles skill is vital for Slot attack plan.

https://x.com/Lex0binna/status/1828766289675812939

2 Likes

The fee is bonkers. We’re talking a 50 cap Italian international, with a one in two goal record in the CL, entering his prime years and who cost Juve upwards of £50m not that long ago. And we’re getting him for £11m and bits in add ons.

You compare that to some of the fees for players this summer and it’s ridiculous.

17 Likes

There’s news about Barca coming in for Diaz but they can’t afford him. Wouldn’t mind either Darwin or Diaz sold btw. We can do better.

1 Like

His old man was quite the striker too.

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1828767005639340461

5 Likes

@FabrizioRomano

: Federico Chiesa: “I’m very happy, I can’t wait to become new Liverpool player. Me and my family, we’re so happy really”. “Let me say thanks to Juventus and the fans, they have been always special with me”. “Now it’s time for #LFC, I’m so happy. I can’t wait!”.

Chiesa - like everyone, I was initially not too fussed, because of the injuries. But then having looked into it as the deal got legs, it looks like he is on the upswing again, playing, running fast, scoring, assisting, doing his thing. They have a new manager in Motta - who himself is one to watch as he might have an excellent career, and sometimes a player doesn’t fit.

Their loss might well be our gain. The depth we have means we can manage the load for all the strikers no problem, and if Slot can keep them happy and tip-top, it looks lethal.

Arguably we are adding a 6th right now in anticipation of one leaving, whether that is this window, January or next summer. Let’s see what happens, but on the face of it, this looks like a steal.

2 Likes

Cue @Limiescouse diving in to emphasise that this just means that we have Elliott able to focus solely on being a midfielder, it doesn’t mean we sell, etc.

5 Likes

i think he actually might be more effective as a ten as opposed to a winger

Liverpool have rejected an approach from Bayer Leverkusen for midfielder Tyler Morton. [

@_ChrisBascombe

]

1 Like

Does that mean we see him as a squad player for us this year ?

maybe… or bayer ups the offer

Liverpool have made enquiries for Rayan Cherki. [

@lequipe

]