Federico Chiesa (AM) Juventus

Course ya didn’t ya dirty little sod. What did you really go back and look at the picture for eh?

You couldn’t see her before because her face was blurred. I’ve since replaced the picture because I later found one in which she is visible.

:upside_down_face:

I’m starting to get nervous… did he already pass his medical?

1 Like

Not as much as the lunch ladies who have been putting pineapple on pizzas

I would love Rafael Leao but his transfer fee would exceed 100m euros and it sounds like PSG would be first in line to snap him up if he ever became available. Chiesa for a tidy 12.5m pounds feels like a bargain as long as he stays relatively healthy.

…cue; ‘wheres the 87.5 million euros we saved on Leao money, John’

2 Likes

8 Likes

That is a solid, deep squad that can absolutely compete for 4 trophies this year.

Morton,Nyoni as extra midfield depth. A DM and CM would make it perfect, but still exciting depth.

1 Like

Just watched this 2023/24 compilation and that’ll do it for me.

5 Likes

Just drop FA cup and Carabao as soon as possible.

2 Likes

No it isn’t. We’re way short on CBs in my view, and I’d like to see a lot more depth in midfield than what we have.

We’re very heavily front-loaded right now, and a couple of injuries in the wrong positions will see us struggle, IMO. We should have signed two good to great CBs the last few windows and we haven’t addressed the position at all. We tried to sign a CDM, but apparently had no plan B.

4 Likes

But we do have 6 forwards including for 3 places including Chiesa of course and we also have 6 midfielders for 3 positions (I have said much earlier that I think Arne will play Elliot as a midfielder). And all these 12 players are full of first team experience and have performed well whenever called on so I am not sure where the concern about numbers on midfield is. If the concern is quality, while there are varying levels of quality, but there is no way that any of those 6 midfielders are not at least a 7 in most games. And we have not even add in players like Morton, Nyoni, Doak etc for the odd games here and there. Yes we do run like a lean machine unlike teams that love to stack players disregarding how the players feel but we are lean and yet very mean.

2 Likes

Yeah , nothing that can be done for the cups this year.

If there is a favourable draw , that works out to our advantage.

Costs significantly less than Leão, and Leão is shit. At least Chiesa works.

1 Like

Name Arsenal & City’s back up players and they don’t compare to ours in midfield especially. Our strength in depth is excellent, just been unlucky with injuries and you can’t allow for that

1 Like

Chiesa is very clever with the ball at his feet. He’s also a threat in the passing game as evidenced by FBRef stats. This could help us break down the ‘parked bus defence’ that has often been employed against us.

Count me as excited :heart_eyes: for Chiesa’s addition to our squad! :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: Fingers crossed that his fitness will allow him to be available for most of our matches this season because he could easily become a difference maker! :+1:

We’re not “unlucky” with injuries.

Our opponents are allowed to foul our players with impunity (compare the way our games are reffed compared to those of Manchester City, for example) and this increases the likelihood of injury, especially with accumulated wear and tear over the course of weeks and months.

It’s systemic, not down to chance.

4 Likes

But Jones keeps getting injured in training same with Gomez for England :kissing_heart:

You’ve missed the point completely, I’m afraid.

Over the moon that Chiesa is all but done, only the medical to go.
Hopefully not another Fekir saga.
Had his problems but last season seemed pretty right.
Expect him to be a great addition for us.
Now for a DM out of the hat!

1 Like

This has all the earmarks of a very astute deal.

My 1 concern, is at £10M, it won’t take a huge amount for his value to skyrocket, and would the club look to cash in on him in 2-3 years if someone were to come in with a £25-30M offer?